The first official trailer has been released for the upcoming third season of the anime adaptation of Yuuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki’s Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) manga. The new video showcases various scenes and amazing food from the upcoming season, as well as the introducing the Elite Ten.
The third season of the Shokugeki no Souma anime, Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara (Food Wars! The Third Plate), will premiere this October during the Fall/Autumn 2017 anime season.
The upcoming third season will air this Fall/Autumn 2017 season, which generally begins in October. The anime itself will continue where the second season left off, following the battle against the Council of Ten.
The main cast of the anime will return for Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) voicing as Souma Yukihira
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ika Musume from Shinryaku! Ika Musume) will voice Erina Nakiri
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) wil voice Eishi Tsukasa
- Shizuka Itou (Akeno Himejima from High School DxD) as Rindou Kobayashi
- Rie Kugimiya (Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood) voicing Momo Akanegakubo
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) voicing the role of Nene Kinokuni
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) as Terunori Kuga
The leading staff members of season 2 includes:
- Director: Yonetani Yoshitomo (Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning, Hoshi no Umi no Amuri)
- Series Composer: Shogo Yasukawa (Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Terra Formars)
- Anime Character Designer: Tomoyuki Shitaya (Kiss×sis, Bakuman)
- Art Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Music Composer: Tatsuya Katou (Mirai Nikki, Free!)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
The anime’s second season, Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara (Food Wars: The Second Plate), premiered in the Summer 2016 anime season for a total of 13 episodes.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Yukihira Souma’s dream is to become a full-time chef in his father’s restaurant and surpass his father’s culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma’s fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?