The official website of the anime adaptation of Yuuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki’s Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) manga has revealed the first key visual for the anime’s upcoming third season, Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara (Food Wars! The Third Plate). In addition, Erina Nakiri will be getting a new voice actress.
The upcoming third season will air this Fall/Autumn 2017 season, which generally begins in October. The anime itself will continue where the second season left off, following the battle against the Council of Ten.
The website has announced that Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama in Kyoukai no Kanata) will not be reprising her role as Erina Nakiri in season 3, due to recovery from throat issues. Taneda has been on hiatus since September 2016 but has been starting to work again. Instead, Erina will be voiced by Hisako Kanemoto (Ika Musume from Shinryaku! Ika Musume) in Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara.
The main cast of the anime will return for Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) voicing as Souma Yukihira
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) wil voice Eishi Tsukasa
- Shizuka Itou (Akeno Himejima from High School DxD) as Rindou Kobayashi
- Rie Kugimiya (Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood) voicing Momo Akanegakubo
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) voicing the role of Nene Kinokuni
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) as Terunori Kuga
The leading staff members of season 2 includes:
- Director: Yonetani Yoshitomo (Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning, Hoshi no Umi no Amuri)
- Series Composer: Shogo Yasukawa (Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Terra Formars)
- Anime Character Designer: Tomoyuki Shitaya (Kiss×sis, Bakuman)
- Art Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Music Composer: Tatsuya Katou (Mirai Nikki, Free!)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
The anime’s second season, Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara (Food Wars: The Second Plate), premiered in the Summer 2016 anime season for a total of 13 episodes.
Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) is a comedy, ecchi cooking manga written by Yuuto Tsukuda, illustrated by Shun Saeki with Chef Yuki Mirosaki adding recipes to the manga. The series began serialization in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in late 2012 and to date has a total of 24 compiled volumes released. The manga itself has sold over 2 million copies to date. An anime adaptation of the series was produced for Spring 2015, directed by Yonetani Yoshitomo (Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning, Hoshi no Umi no Amuri) and produced by J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo). A second season aired in Summer 2016.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Yukihira Souma’s dream is to become a full-time chef in his father’s restaurant and surpass his father’s culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma’s fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?
The third season of the Shokugeki no Souma anime, Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara, will premiere this Fall/Autumn 2017 anime season, which generally begins in October. Further information about the anime will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article - Crunchyroll
"Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara", "Shokugeki no Souma", "Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma", images and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Yuuto Tsukuda, Shun Saeki, Shueisha, J.C. Staff, and the Shokugeki Production Committee