At the recent 2017 Jump Festa event, a stage event for Yuuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki’s Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) manga has announced that a fourth season of the series’ anime adaptation is in production. The new season is currently slated to air in Spring 2018. The official website has released a brand new visual and the first promotional video to celebrate the announcement.
The fourth season of the anime will be titled Shokugeki no Souma: Tootsuki Ressha, being stated as the second part of the third season, Shokugeki no Souma, being set directly after its events . The series will air in the Spring 2018 anime season, which will begin from April.
Here is the first promotional video for season 4:
In addition to the fourth season, an OVA will be bundled with the manga’s 29th volume, which is set to release in Japan in May 2018.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) voicing as Souma Yukihira
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ika Musume from Shinryaku! Ika Musume) will join the cast to voice Erina
- Minami Takahashi (Mew from Pri Para) as Megumi Tadokoro
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) wil voice Eishi Tsukasa
- Shizuka Itou (Akeno Himejima from High School DxD) as Rindou Kobayashi
- Rie Kugimiya (Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood) voicing Momo Akanegakubo
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) voicing the role of Nene Kinokuni
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) as Terunori Kuga
The leading staff members consists of:
- Director: Yonetani Yoshitomo (Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning, Hoshi no Umi no Amuri)
- Series Composer: Shogo Yasukawa (Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Terra Formars)
- Anime Character Designer: Tomoyuki Shitaya (Kiss×sis, Bakuman)
- Art Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Music Composer: Tatsuya Katou (Mirai Nikki, Free!)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) is a comedy, ecchi cooking manga written by Yuuto Tsukuda, illustrated by Shun Saeki with Chef Yuki Mirosaki adding recipes to the manga. The series began serialization in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in late 2012 and to date has a total of 29 compiled volumes released. The manga itself has sold over 2 million copies to date. An anime adaptation of the series was produced for Spring 2015, directed by Yonetani Yoshitomo (Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning, Hoshi no Umi no Amuri) and produced by J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo). A second season aired in Summer 2016 with a third season in the Fall/Autumn 2017 anime season.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Yukihira Souma’s dream is to become a full-time chef in his father’s restaurant and surpass his father’s culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma’s fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?
A fourth season of the Shokugeki no Souma anime has been announced. Shokugeki no Souma: Tootsuki Ressha, will begin airing in April 2018 during the Spring 2018 anime season. Further details will be revealed about the series next year.
"Shokugeki no Souma: Tootsuki Ressha", "Shokugeki no Souma", "Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma", images and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Yuuto Tsukuda, Shun Saeki, Shueisha, J.C. Staff, and the Shokugeki Production Committee