The official website of the upcoming second season of the Wake Up, Girls! TV anime, Wake Up, Girls! Shin Shou (Wake Up, Girls! New Chapter), has revealed that the new season will begin airing from October 10th. In addition, a new visual, cast members and a new promotional video were also revealed.
Here is the previous visual that features the idol group I-1 Club.
Wake up, Girls! Shin Shou will begin its broadcast on TV Tokyo on Tuesday, October 10th at 2:05am JST. The anime will also air on Sendai TV from the 11th at 2:00am JST and on AT-X at 11:30pm JST.
A brand new idol group will make their debut in the new season, Run Girls, Run! The idol members were chosen from a public audition that took place eariler this year.
The cast members of Run Girls, Run! include:
- Koko Hayashi (Debut Role) voices Ayumi Hayashi
- Yuuka Morishima (Debut Role) as Otome Morishima
- Nanami Atsugi (Debut Role) voicing the role of Itsuka Atsugi
The main cast from the previous anime will reprise their roles:
- Mayu Yoshioka (First Major Roles) returning as Mayu Shimada
- Airi Eino (First Major Role) will return as Airi Hayashida
- Minami Tanaka (Hannah N. Fontanstand in Hanayamata) voicing as Minami Katayama
- Yoshino Aoyama (First Major Role) voices Yoshino Nanase
- Nanami Yamashita (Chifuyu Himeki from Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de) will reprise her role of Nanami Hisami
- Kaya Okuno (Yaya Sasame in Hanayamata) will be back to voice Kaya Kikuma
- Miyu Takagi (Hacka Doll No. 1 from Hacka Doll Anime Special) as Miyu Okamoto
A brand new promotional video has been released for Wake up, Girls! Shin Shou, which reintroduce to us the main competing idol groups. The video also previews the Opening theme 7 Senses.
And here is the anime’s announcement trailer:
The majority of the staff members from previous anime will also return, though with a new director, character designer and animation studio:
- Director: Shin Itagaki (Berserk 2016, Teekyuu)
- Scriptwriter: Green Leaves
- Anime Character Designer: Miyuki Sugawara (Usakame Animation Director)
- Music Composer: MONACA (Hanayamata, Oregairu)
- Animation Studio: Millepensee (Berserk 2016, Teekyuu)
The Opening theme song of the anime will be 7 Senses and the Ending theme song will be Shizuku no Kanmuri. Both songs are performed by Wake Up, Girls!
The upcoming season of the TV anime will be set after the events of the first season and the two 2015 anime films, Wake Up, Girls! Seishun no Kage and Wake Up, Girls! Beyond the Bottom.
Wake Up, Girls! is an original anime series project produced by animation studios Ordet (Senyuu., Black★Rock Shooter) and Tatsunoko Productions (Ping Pong The Animation, SKET Dance). The series aired in January 2014 for a total of 12 episodes, in conjunction with the animated prequel film Wake Up, Girls! Shichinin no Idol. The idol anime was directed by Yutaka Yamamoto (Senyuu., Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku) with Touko Machida (Lucky Star, Amnesia) handling the series composition and Sunao Chikaoka (Kyo no Gononi, Hen Semi) designing the characters. The anime was followed up by two movies in late 2015.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Green Leaves Entertainment is a tiny production company on the verge of going out of business in Sendai, the biggest city in Japan’s northeastern Tohoku region. The agency once managed the careers of magicians, photo idols, fortune-tellers, and other entertainers, but its last remaining client finally quit. In danger of having zero talent (literally), the president Tange hatches an idea of producing an idol group. On the brash president’s orders, the dissatisfied manager Matsuda heads out to scout raw talent. Matsuda makes a fateful encounter with a certain girl…
Wake Up, Girls! Shin Shou, the second TV anime season of the anime, will air every Tuesday on TV Tokyo at 2:00am JST from October 10th, during the Fall/Autumn 2017 anime season. Further information will be revealed soon.
Source Article - Anime News Network
"Wake Up, Girls! Shin Shou", "Wake Up, Girls! New Chapter", "Wake Up, Girls", images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Avex Pictures, Millepensee and Green Leaves Entertainment