The official website of the anime film trilogy adaptation of Takahiro and Bunbun’s Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru (Washio Sumi is a Hero) light novel series has revealed the key visual and promotional video for the third and final film in the series, Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Washio Sumi no Shou Chapter 3 – Yakusoku.
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Washio Sumi no Shou Movie 3 – Yakusoku will be releasing in Japanese theatres on July 8th, 2017.
Here is the main promotional video for chapter 3:
A series of preview images for the film were also revealed:
Advanced tickets for the film are on sale and come bundled with a special clear file, retailing for ¥1,300 (~ US$11.70).
Here is the PV for chapter 2:
And the video for Chapter 1:
Chapter 2 visual:
The main cast of the films include:
- Suzuko Mimori (Umi Sonoda from Love Live! School Idol Project) voicing as Sumi Washio
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) as Sonoko Nogi
- Yumiri Hanamori (Chiaya Misono from Rolling☆Girls) who will voice Gin Minowa
- Rina Satou (Mikoto Misaka in Toaru Majutsu no Index) voicing Aki-sensei
The films’ production staff includes:
- Chief Director: Seiji Kishi (Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru, Angel Beats!)
- Director: Daisei Fukuoka (Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Makoto Uezu (Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru, Arslan Senki)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Takahiro Sakai (Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru, Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge)
- Music Composers: Keiichi Okabe (Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru, Nier)
- Animation Studio: Studio Gokumi (Kiniro Mosaic, A-Channel)
A second season of the Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru was revealed, titled Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Yuusha no Shou (Yuki Yuna Is a Hero: Hero Chapter). It will be a direct sequel to the 2014 anime and will be airing this October, during the Fall/Autumn 2017 anime season.
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru (Yuki Yuna Is a Hero) is an anime series that aired in the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season that is part of the greater Takahiro IV Project, that includes 4 projects produced and written by Takahiro. The first project was the Visual Novel Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu, the second was an anime adaptation of Takahiro’s Akame ga Kill! manga, the third project is a light novel series Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru. The anime itself is set after the events of Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru, which was published in Dengeki G’s magazine in 2014 for a total of one volume. The anime aired for a total of 12 episodes and was produced by Studio Gokumi (Kiniro Mosaic, A-Channel) and directed by Seiji Kishi (Persona 4 The Animation, Angel Beats!). There is also a web manga adaptation of the series illustrated by kotamaru.
Here is a synopsis of the parent anime from MAL:
The story takes place in the era of the gods, year 300. Yuuna Yuuki lives an ordinary life as a second year middle school student, but she’s also a member of the “Hero Club,” where club activities involve dealing with a mysterious being called “Vertex.”
The third and final chapter of Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Washio Sumi no Shou, Chapter 3 – Yakusoku, will be releasing in theatres across Japan on July 8th. Further details about the movie will be revealed at a later date.
"Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Washio Sumi no Shou", "Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha De Aru", "Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru", images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Takahiro, Studio Gokumi and Project 2H