The official English website of Japanese TV broadcasting network Nippon TV has updated their listing for the upcoming Death Parade anime. The listing has revealed that the anime will be 12 episodes long at 30 minutes each. Additionally, the anime’s official website has revealed additional cast members for Death Parade.
The anime’s website has revealed 4 new characters for the upcoming anime as well as their respective cast members and character designs. The new cast includes:
- Kouki Uchiyama (Ichika Orimura in IS: Infinite Stratos) will be voicing Clavice
- Tessyo Genda (Kyuubi from Naruto) as Oculus
- Ryoka Yuzuki (Satsuki Kiryuuin in Kill la Kill) is voicing Castra
- Ryoko Shiraishi (Hayate Ayasaki from Hayate no Gotoku!) voices Queen
The previously revealed cast of the anime includes:
- Tomoaki Maeno (Naotsugu from Log Horizon) will return as Decim
- Asami Seto (Chihaya Ayase in Chihayafuru) is back as Onna
- Rumi Okubo (Chinatsu Yoshikawa from Yuru Yuri) voicing as Nona
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) will voice Ginty
The full staff from the 2013 short will return for Death Parade and the total staff now includes:
- Director, Script Writer, Storyboarder and Creator: Yuzuru Tachikawa (Arata-naru Sekai, Chi’s Sweet Home: Atarashii Ouchi Assistant Director)
- Character Designer and Animator Director: Shinichii Kurita (Bleach the Movie 4: Hell Verse and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 2nd A’s Key Animator)
- Art Director: Satoru Hirayanagi (Another, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?)
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama (Oregairu, Little Busters!)
- Music Composer: Yuuki Hayashi (Soul Eater Not!, Haikyuu!!)
- Animation Studio: Madhouse (Death Note, No Game No Life)
A brand new promotional video for Death Parade was released on the official website, which introduces the new premise and setting and that the stakes are higher than ever.
Death Billiards is an original anime short that released in March 2013 for the 2013 Anime Mirai project. The project itself is funded by the Japanese Government’s Agency for Cultural Affairs to train new and upcoming animators. The anime itself was a 25 minute anime short that was directed by Yuzuru Tachikawa and produced by Madhouse.
The English listing of the anime revealed a new synopsis for Death Parade:
Queen Dequim is a bar in a corner of the world where the souls of dead people gather. Gray-haired bartender Dequim is responsible for judging the souls.
“Welcome to Queen Dequim.”
With no idea that they have died, two souls walk into the bar. Dequim welcomes the customers, who are clueless as to what is going on. “I’m going to ask you to bet your life and play games,” he declares. The souls must put their best efforts into playing various games for a chance to get out of the bar. Judgment will be based on the outcome of the games. As the games unfold, the souls’ true colors are bared. At the end, Dequim finally reveals that he is the judge. What judgment will he hand down to the two?
Various views on life and a spectrum of sorrows surface from the judged souls, and as he experiences these emotions with Dark-haired woman, the usually emotionless Dequim begins to feel changes within himself.
What is life really all about? What is man’s true nature? The story unfolds as it poses these questions.
The Death Parade anime will be airing from January 9 next year at 25:58 (effectively January 10 1:58am) on NTV, throughout the Winter 2014/2015 anime season for a total of 12 episodes. Additional information about the series will release soon.
Source Article – Nippon TV English Website
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Death Parade”, “Death Billiards”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Yuzuru Tachikawa, Madhouse and Death Parade Production Committee