During the recent 2014 Fujimi Fantasia Bunko event it was announced that an anime adaptation of Fujimi Shobo and Media Factory’s trading card game and mobile application Ange Vierge is currently in production.
Ange Vierge is a Japanese trading card game that is produced by Fujimi Shobo and Media Factory, with the cards being illustrated by many of their light novel illustrators. Some well known illustrators that draw the cards include:
- Kantoku (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko., Magical Suite Prism Nana)
- Kira Inugami (Seitokai no Ichizon, Ebiten: Kouritsu Ebisugawa Koukou Tenmonbu)
- Kaito Shibano (Ben-To)
- abec (Sword Art Online)
The TCG got modest popularity in Japan and received a mobile application adaptation for iOS and Android developed by Sega, titled Ange Vierge Girls Battling the Second Discipline Committee. The game itself is similar to many Japanese TCG mobile games where it is online focused and features numerous cards to collect and purchase from events and booster packs. The game also includes a story:
A series of mysterious portals have started appearing that fused various five together, resulting in a even more mysterious power to awaken in teenage girls called Exceed. An academy for these girls, collectively named Progress, has been built on the isolated Seiran Island in the Pacific.
Here are some screenshots of the game from the Google Play Store:
The game itself features voice acting and even its own theme song, performed by the group LinkS, who also voice characters in the game.
The music group includes:
- Yuuka Aisaka (Aika Tsube in Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu.) voicing as Miumi Hinata, a first year student from the Blue World known as Earth. Her character is designed by Kantoku
- Mai Ishihara (Orange Pekoe from Girls und Panzer) will voice Sofina, a witch from the dark world known as Darkness Embraces. Her character is designed by Kira Inugami
- Rie Takahashi (Akane Uchida in Shirobako) as Ω00 Euphoria, a smart honor student at the academy from the White World known as System;White=E.G.M.A. Character designer is unknown
- Yoshiko Ikuta (Yukina Sonogi in Senkou no Night Raid) voicing the role of Ruby, a fun fairy who loves to sing from the Red World known as Terra Rubli Aurora. Her character designer is Hagane Tsurugi (Queen’s Blade: Rebellion)
- Nozomi Yamamoto ((Yukimura Kusunoki in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)) voicing as Mayuka, a short and shy but strong girl from the Green World known as Grunewald silt. Her character is designed by Takano Saku (Doujin Artist)
There has been numerous anime promotional videos produced for the mobile and card game. The videos are animated by Production I.G. (Kuroko’s Basketball, Ghost in the Shell) and feature additional cast members:
- Kana Hanazawa (Mayuri Shiina in Steins;Gate) as SW=Code Omega 46 Senia
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) voicing as Aurora
Here is the first anime Promotional Video that released last August:
The third video, which released this October:
Some anime commercials were also released, produced by the same studio:
A few commercials have also released promoting the mobile app and LinkS:
A Youtube only CM:
A TV Commercial:
Ange Vierge also received a manga adaptation that is written by Mako Komao and illustrated by Sakaki Yoshioka. The series, Ange Vierge Linkage, began serialization in April this year in Kadokawa’s Dragon Age magazine. To date a total of 1 compiled volume has been released.
There is little information about the upcoming anime adaptation of Ange Vierge. Further information about the series will be revealed soon.
You can visit the TCG’s website here: https://ange-vierge.com/
Visit the Mobile App here: http://ange.sega-net.com/
And follow the series on Twitter: @Ange_Project
Source Article and Images – Ange Vierge Girls Battling the Second Discipline Committee Website
Source Article and Images – Gamer.ne.jp
Source Article – Anime News Network
Source Article #2 – Anime News Network
Source Article – Haruhichan Network
“Ange Vierge”, “Ange Vierge Girls Battling the Second Discipline Committee”, images, video, and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Kadokawa, Fujimi Shobo, Media Factory, Sega, Production I.G., and Ange Project