Publisher Tecmo Koei have announced that Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland will be coming to the West. The JRPG will be making its way onto the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita on June 24 in North America and on June 20 in Europe. The game will be out both digitally and in retail on the PS3, and will be digital only on the Vita.
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland is the first game in the Arland trilogy of games in the Atelier franchise and is the last re-release to be released outside of Japan. Following the recent releases of Atelier Totori Plus and Atelier Meruru Plus on the Vita, the Plus games are re-releases of the original games from the PS3 that contain lots of additional content, such as updated graphics, higher quality models and costumes. Atelier Rorona Plus Plus released in Japan last November, 4 years after the original.
The new additions in re-release include:
- New character models,
- New field model for more vibrant scenery,
- Additional stories- new chapters featuring Totori and Meruru (the main characters of the other two parts of the Arland trilogy), extra content and new illustrations,
- Additional Content, including various playable characters, maps, bosses, costumes and more
- Improved Synthesis system and new assignment system,
- Expanded Item Crafting
- New battle system with advanced battle features, skill execution between various characters etc
- A Time Capsule system that allow players to bury items in Atelier Rorona and pick them up in Atelier Meruru, and Totori (cross content with PS VITA versions of Atelier Meruru Plus and Atelier Totori Plus)
- Over 30 different Endings: Depending on how you interact with characters and complete your missions, the ending will change, making for extremely high replay value.
- Cross Save/ Share data between the PS3 and PS Vita versions.
Tecmo Koei have released many concept arts and character models of the game:
The trilogy is a mix of typical JRPG gameplay and a focus of alchemy. Here is a press release describing the game:
The popular alchemic RPG franchise from Gust carries on the tradition of the Atelier series, using alchemy as the main focal point. Atelier Rorona Plus focuses on the exploits of Rorolina Frixell, one the most beloved characters of the Arland trilogy (Atelier Meruru/ Totori/ Rorona), a young girl who is assigned to complete alchemy tasks over 3 years in order to keep her alchemy workshop and not be banished from the kingdom of Arland.
Players can craft new items and also battle enemies using the power of alchemy. As all games in the Atelier series, this title is set against a stunning anime-like background with beautiful 3D graphics and is characterised by an elaborate crafting and synthesis system.
Additionally, a slew of in-game screenshots were also released:
Atelier is a series of Japanese Role Playing Games developed by Gust. The first game in the series was a strategy RPG that released in Japan in 1998 on the Playstation as Atelier Marie ~The Alchemist of Salburg~. Since then, there has been over 20 games in the franchise, spanning numerous home consoles and handheld systems. The first game in the series to be localised was Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, in 2005 for the PlayStation 2. The majority of the franchise are split up into smaller series, such as the Arland series and the Dusk series. One common theme across all games is the focus on alchemy, combining items and elements to create armour, weapons, food and other objects. The franchise has also received a manga adaptation that released in 2002, and a new manga based on Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky started late last year.
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland will be out in North America on June 24th and in Europe on June 20th for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. The PS3 version can be found digitally via the PSN or SEN store and in retail stores. The Vita version will be digital only, on the PSN and SEN Store.
For futher information you can visit the game’s official site: http://www.ateliergames.eu/
Source Article – Tecmo Koei EU
“Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland”, “Atelier”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Gust co., Ltd, Tecmo Koei Games co., Ltd and NIS America