The official website of the upcoming Death Parade website has just launched and revealed lots of new information for the upcoming series, including that the anime will be airing from January 9 next year. The site has also revealed a new visual, 2 new cast members, the first set of character designs and a brand new promotional video.
The site has also released the first set of character designs for the main cast of the anime and a couple new cast members. Two of the newly revealed members of the cast includes:
- Rumi Okubo (Chinatsu Yoshikawa from Yuru Yuri) voicing as Nona
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) will voice Ginty
It has also revealed the full names for the characters, where they were previously named as their occupation in the original Death Billiards anime. The returning characters include:
- Tomoaki Maeno (Naotsugu from Log Horizon) will return as Decim
- Asami Seto (Chihaya Ayase in Chihayafuru) is back as Onna
A brand new promotional video for Death Parade was released on the official website, which introduces the new premise and setting and that the stakes are higher than ever.
Some background art for the anime was also previewed across the site showing the upcoming new locations and returning locations from Death Billiards:
The full staff from the 2013 short will return for Death Parade and the total staff now includes:
- Director, Script Writer, Storyboarder and Creator: Yuzuru Tachikawa (Arata-naru Sekai, Chi’s Sweet Home: Atarashii Ouchi Assistant Director)
- Character Designer and Animator Director: Shinichii Kurita (Bleach the Movie 4: Hell Verse and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 2nd A’s Key Animator)
- Art Director: Satoru Hirayanagi (Another, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?)
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama (Oregairu, Little Busters!)
- Music Composer: Yuuki Hayashi (Soul Eater Not!, Haikyuu!!)
- Animation Studio: Madhouse (Death Note, No Game No Life)
Death Billiards is an original anime short that released in March 2013 for the 2013 Anime Mirai project. The project itself is funded by the Japanese Government’s Agency for Cultural Affairs to train new and upcoming animators. The anime itself was a 25 minute anime short that was directed by Yuzuru Tachikawa and produced by Madhouse.
Here is a synopsis of the original Death Billiards:
An old and a young man find themselves in a mysterious bar where they have to play a game of billiard. The bet: their lives.
The Death Parade anime will be airing from January 9 next year at 25:58 (effectively January 10 1:58am) on NTV, followed by San TV and AT-X 1 in the following week, throughout the Winter 2014/2015 anime season. Additional information about the series will release soon.
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Death Parade”, “Death Billiards”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Yuzuru Tachikawa, Madhouse and Death Parade Production Committee