A lot of new information has released for the upcoming anime adaptation of Himegoto. The TV anime, based on Norio Tsukudani’s manga, has a new visual released, as well as the production crew and voice cast. Additionally it was also revealed that the anime will begin airing on July 7.
Himegoto (Secret Princess Himegoto) is a series that follows Hime Arikawa, whose family has a huge debt. Arikawa is saved from debt collectors from the Shimoshina High School student council. They agree to pay off the debt on the condition that he dresses up as a girl and becomes the club’s pet. The main cast of the Himegoto anime is as follows:
- Yuuki Kuwahara (Rattle in Freezing Vibration, first major role) will be voicing the cross dresser Hime Arikawa
- Yuka Saotome (Sano from Plastic Nee-san, first major role) as student council leader 18-kin
- Saki Ono (first debut role) voices Unko
- Hisako Tojo (Julia Munberk from Freezing Vibration, first major role) as Albertina II
The follow will be the supporting cast:
- Ayane Sakura (Natsumi Koshigaya from Non Non Biyori) will voice Mitsunaga Oda
- Chinatsu Akasaki (Shinka Nibutani in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) voices Kaguya Arikawa
- Takuya Eguchi (Kazuya Kujou in Gosick) as Tadokoro
- Minami Tsuda (Yui Funami from YuruYuri) is voicing Servant No. 1
- Azusa Tadokoro (Aoi Kiriya from Aikatsu!) playing as Hiro
The production crew and staff of the anime was also revealed. They are as follows:
- Director: Takeyuki Yanase (Kiba)
- Series and Scenario Composition: Kazuho Hyoudou (Mahou Shoujo Taisen, Robot Girls Z)
- Character Designer: Masaaki Sakurai (Kishin Houkou Demonbane)
- Color Designer: Shuji Uemura (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works)
- Photography Director: Megumi Fujisaka (Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai, Attack on Titan)
- Art Director: Masahiro Sato (Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter)
- Sound Director: Kisuke Koizumi (Wasurenagumo)
- Animation Studio: Asahi Productions (Medaka Box, Nihonbashi Koukashita R Keikaku)
In addition, it was also revealed that the length of each episode will be 5 minutes long.
Himegoto (Secret Princess Himegoto) is a 4 panel manga series from Norio Tsukudani that began in 2011. The series is published in Ichijinsha’s Wai! magazine (a magazine dedicated to cross dressing manga) and ended in February this year for a total of 2 volumes. A spin-off manga titled Himegoto+ released in Ichijinsha’s Waai! Mahalo magazine from April 2012 to December 2013. A manga adaptation from Norio Tsukudani began in December 2013 in Ichijinsha’s Comic Rex magazine. An Internet radio show was produced in April to promote the upcoming anime season.
Here is a synopsis of Himegoto from MAL:
Himegoto follows Hime Arikawa, a second-year student at Shimoshina High School. Forced to assume a large amount of debt from by his now-absent parents, Hime is saved by the three girls of his school’s student council after he is chased down by debt collectors. In return for paying off his debt, Hime agrees to their conditions of becoming the student council’s “dog” and spending his high school life dressed as a girl.
The Himegoto anime will be airing from July 7 in the Summer 2014 anime season. Each episode will be approximately 5 minutes long. Additional information on the series will be release in the near future.
You can visit the official anime website here: http://www.himegoto-tv.jp/
You can also follow the official Himegoto Twitter: @himegoto_anime