The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Tsukasa and Riko Korie’s Juuou Mujin no Fafnir (Unlimited Fafnir) light novel series has revealed lots of new information and images for the series, including its air date of January 8. The site also revealed a brand new visual, additional members of the cast and their characters’ designs, and a new commercial.
The main cast of the upcoming anime has been revealed. The character designs were also revealed for the main characters, and in conjunction with their cast it includes:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) as Yuu Mononobe
- Rina Hidaka (Airi Kashii from Ro-Kyu-Bu!) voicing as Iris Freyja
- Manami Numakura (Aoi Sakurai in Rail Wars!) voices Mitsuki Mononobe
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury in Sailor Moon Crystal) will be voicing Lisa Highwalker
- Kana Hanazawa (Mayuri Shiina in Steins;Gate) is voicing Firill Crest
- Sora Tokui (Nico Yazawa from Love Live! School Idol Project) as Ariella Lu
- Fumiko Uchimura (Haruki Sagae from Akuma no Riddle) will voice Ren Miyazawa
- Ayane Sakura ((Natsumi Koshigaya from Non Non Biyori) will play the role of Tear Lightning
The staff of the anime has:
- Chief Director: Keizou Kusakawa (Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS, Mondaiji tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru soudesuyo?)
- Director: Jun Takahashi (Azumanga Daioh and Battle Spirits Brave Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Yuki Enatsu (Saint October, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Screenplay Writer)
- Anime Character Design: Shouko Yasuda (Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill Key Animator)
- Sound Director: Satoki Iida (Angel Beats!, Sakura Trick)
- Animation Studio: Diomedea (Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?, Shinryaku! Ika Musume)
The main theme songs for the Juuou Mujin no Fafnir were also revealed. The Opening will be FLYING FAFNIR by TRUSTRICK and then Ending song will be Ray of bullet, performed by Rina Hidaka and Manami Numakura in character.
In addition, the first commercial has been released for the anime, which introduces the premise of the series and previews the OP.
Juuou Mujin no Fafnir (Unlimited Fafnir) is a light novel series written by Tsukasa and illustrated by Riko Korie. The series began in July 2013 and is published by Kodansha. To date has a total of 6 compiled volumes released. A manga adaptation of the series also launched last year in Kodansha’s Good! Afternoon magazine.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
With the sudden appearance of the monsters that came to be called Dragons, the world had completely changed. Before long, within the human ace supernatural girls with the power of the dragons, called “D,” were born. The secret existence of the only male “D,” the boy Mononobe Yuu, was forcefully thrown into the school where the girls of “D” gathered—Midgar, where he saw the naked body of one of the students, Iris. Furthermore, meeting his long-lost sister Mitsuki, Yuu seems to have been enrolled into this school…?! “When there’s really no other choice, Iris, I will—kill you.” “Can I really… believe you?” The curtains open as the “one and only story” about the boy who was supposed to become the strongest assassin and the incompetent girl unfolds—! Unlimited School Battle Action!
The Juuou Mujin no Fafnir anime will be broadcasting from January 8 on TBS at 26:31 JST (effectively January 9 2:31am JST), during the Winter 2014/2015 anime season.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/fafnir/
And follow their Twitter: @fafnir_anime
“Juuou Mujin no Fafnir”, “Unlimited Fafnir”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Tsukasa, Riko Korie, Kodansha and Diomedea