The official website for the second season of the anime adaptation of Mamare Touno and Tetsuya Kumagai’s Log Horizon has finally opened. With its launched, a new promotional video has been revealed as well as the cast and staff of the upcoming anime. Oh and one more thing, the anime’s Opening theme will be Database.
That’s right, the anime’s Opening will be Database by Man with a Mission featuring Takuma, once again. The upcoming anime’s Ending theme will be Wonderful Wonder World* by Yun*chi, who also performed the Ending of the first series.
The anime’s website has also revealed the cast of the upcoming anime. The main cast will return to reprise their roles and includes:
- Takuma Terashima (Yoshifumi Aoki from Kokoro Connect) who will return to voice Shiroe
- Tomoaki Maeno (Junichi Tachibana in Amagami SS) is back as Naotsugu
- Emiri Kato (Kyuubey from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) reprising her role as Akatsuki
- Jouji Nakata (Alucard in Hellsing) voices Nyanta
- Daiki Yamashita (Sakamichi Onoda from Yowamushi Pedal) as Touya
- Nao Tamura (Ayuko Uehara in Aiura) voices Minori
- Eriko Matsui (Benio Yonomori in Mikakunin de Shinkoukei) as Isuzu
The anime’s staff was also revealed on the website. It was revealed that Studio Deen will be taking over the anime’s production, where the first season was headed by Satelight and co-produced by Deen. and are as follows:
- Director: Shinji Ishihira (Log Horizon, Fairy Tail)
- Series Composer: Toshizo Nemoto (Log Horizon, Tokyo Majin)
- Character Designer: Tetsuya Kumagai (Log Horizon, Skip Beat!)
- Animation Studio: Studio Deen (Log Horizon, Rurouni Kenshin)
The first promotional video of the second season of Log Horizon also released:
While the video at the moment is at a low quality, enjoy these high quality screenshots of the PV:
Log Horizon is a light novel series created by Mamare Touno in 2010, when he submitted the novel onto the community driven site Shosetsuka ni Naro. The series was then published by Enterbrain in March 2011 and features illustrations from Tetsuya Kumagai, where a total of 7 volumes has been produced since. A bunch of manga adaptations were then issued after the novel’s publication, all of which are written by Touno. An anime adaptation of the novels began in October last year by studio Satelight and Studio Deen, airing for a total of 25 episodes and covering ~5 volumes.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
By its eleventh expansion pack, the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Elder Tale has become a global success, having a following of millions of players. However, during the release of its twelfth expansion pack: Novasphere Pioneers, thirty thousand Japanese gamers who are all logged on at the time of the update, suddenly find themselves transported inside the game world and donning their in-game avatars. In the midst of the event, a socially awkward gamer called Shiroe along with his friends Naotsugu and Akatsuki decide to team up so that they may face this world which has now become their reality along with the challenges which lie ahead.
The second season of the Log Horizon anime will be airing from October 4th on NHK E at 5:30pm JST, during the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season. The series will also be 25 episodes long continuing onto the Winter 2014/2015 anime season.
Are you pumped for the new season? Are you ready to Database!?