The official website for the anime adaptation of Hideki Ohwada’s Mobile Suit Gundam-san has opened and has released lots of new media ahead of the anime’s July 6 premiere. The cast of the anime, the character designs and the first visual were all released.
The cast of the upcoming comedy anime have been revealed, and are as follows:
- Katsuyuki Konishi (Kamina in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann) voicing the lead character Char-san
- Megumi Han (Gon Freecss from Hunter x Hunter) voices Lalah-san
- Tsubasa Yonaga (Nagisa Hazuki from Free!) voicing as Amuro-san
- Kaori Nazuka (Nunnally Lamperouge from Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) as Sayla-san
With the following additional cast members:
- Ryotaro Okiayu (Kunimitsu Tezuka in Prince of Tennis) will voice Bright-san
- Yoshimitsu Shimoyama (Alzack Connell from Fairy Tail) voices Kai-san
- Takashi Matsuyama (Nanjiro Echizen from Prince of Tennis) as Haro Otoko
- Ryou Hirohashi (Kyou Fujibayashi in Clannad) who will voice Kycilia-tan
- Rikako Yamaguchi (Charles Bonaparte in Freezing Vibration) voicing Frau-san
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) as Garma-san
- Keiko Han (Saori Kido in Saint Seiya) will voice Kotowaza Kaisetsu
- Toru Furuya (Tuxedo Mask from Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon) will play the part of the Narrator
The anime will be directed and written by Mankyuu (Puchimas!: Petit [email protected]) with Sao Tamado (Puchimas!: Petit [email protected]) designer the characters, and animation studio Sunrise (Mobile Suit Gundam, Love Live! School Idol Project) will produce the anime.
Mobile Suit Gundam-san is a comedy 4-koma manga written and illustrated by Hideki Ohwada. It features many of the main characters from the Gundam series in various gags. The manga began serialization in 2001 in Kadokawa Shoten’s Gundam Ace, Comic Charge and Kerokero Ace magazines. The 11th volume of the series was released in March this year.
The Mobile Suit Gundam-san anime will be airing on July 6 during the Summer 2014 anime season.