The official website of the anime adaptation of Takumi Toyoda and Vania600’s light novel series Rail Wars!, has released lots of new information. New updated character designs were released in conjunction with the reveal of two new cast members, a air date and a new visual featuring Mari Sasshou, Haruka Koumi and Aoi Sakurai in swimsuits.
We have earlier reported the air date of Rail Wars!, but the website has updated the air dates for the anime. The series will actually air on July 3rd on TBS, followed by airing on SUN TV on the previously reported July 6. The series will then air on CBC and BS-TBS in the following days.
Both the official website of the anime and light novel has released new updated character designs. They both have also revealed two new characters and their respective voice actresses.
- Yui Horie (Tsubasa Hanekawa from Bakemonogatari) will be voicing Nana Iida
- Mai Nakahara (Nagisa Furukawa in Clannad) will voice Hitomi Gono
Here are the previously revealed cast with their previous and updated character designs:
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) will voice lead character Naoto Takayama
- Manami Numakura (Hibiki Ganaha in The [email protected]) voices Aoi Sakurai
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) as Haruka Koumi
- Satoshi Hino (Yuuji Sakai in Shakugan no Shana) is voicing Shou Iwaizumi
- Hiromi Igarashi (Orion from Amnesia) will voice Mari Sasshou
The production crew and staff of the anime adaptation of Rail Wars! include:
- Director: Yoshifumi Sueda (Full directing role debut)
- Series Composer: Masashi Suzuki (Oda Nobuna no Yabou, Minami-ke: Okawari)
- Main Character Designer and Animation Director: Makoto Uno (Witchblade, Love Hina)
- Music Composer: Yoshiaki Fujisawa (Love Live! School idol project, Akuma no Riddle)
- Animation Studio: Passione (Haitai Nanafa)
Rail Wars! was first released as a light novel series in January 2012, where it’s full title is Rail Wars!-Nihon Kokuyuu Tetsudou Kouantai- (Rail Wars! Japanese National Railways Security Force). The series was created by Takumi Toyoda, and featured illustrations from Vania600. The light novels ran in Sohgeisha’s Clear Bunko imprint, where the 8th volume released earlier this year. The series also received a manga adaptation that started late last year that is being written by Toyoda and drawn by Keiji Asakawa. Japanese deve loper and publisher 5pb. (Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes) are also working on a game based on the manga and upcoming anime.
Here is a synopsis from MAL:
The “dream railway paradise entertainment” story is set in a parallel world where Japan did not privatize its national railways. Naohito Takayama is an ordinary high school boy who dreams of a comfortable future working for the top-rated Japanese National Railways. He is assigned as a trainee in the Railways Security Force full of odd characters such as Sakurai, a troublemaker who hates men. On top of that, an extremist group called “RJ” plots to privatize the Japanese National Railways.
Rail Wars! will be airing on July 3, during the Summer 2014 anime season. The anime’s Opening theme will be Mukai Kaze ni Utarenagara from Minori Chihara (Kyoukai no Kanata OP) and the Ending theme will be OVERDRIVER by ZAQ (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! OP).
Source Article – Moca News
Source Images – Rail Wars! Anime Website
Source Images – Rail Wars! Light Novel Website
“Rail Wars”, “Rail Wars!-Nihon Kokuyuu Tetsudou Kouantai-“, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Takumi Toyoda, Vania600, Passione, Sohgeisha and Project RW