The official website of the Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? anime has revealed the second visual for the anime in addition to the announcement of the cast and crew. The series, based on Takehaya’s and Poco’s light novel series will be airing this July.
The production crew behind the anime was also revealed and are as follows:
- Director: Shin Onuma (Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!)
- Series Composition: Shogo Yasukawa (Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation)
- Character Designer & Storyboard Director: Hideki Furukawa (R-15)
- Music Composer: Ryosuke Nakanishi (Sakura Trick)
- Animation Studio: Silver Link (Kokoro Connect, Watashi ga Motenai no wa dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!)
The cast of the anime was announced earlier in the year though only now the characters the cast will be voicing as have been revealed:
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Tomoya Okazaki in Clannad) as Koutarou Satomi
- Maria Naganawa (Debut role) will voice Theiamillia Gre Fortorthe
- Eri Suzuki (Yuu Ibara in Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin) as Sanae Higashihongan
- Masumi Tazawa (First major role) will be voicing Kiriha Kurano
- Nichika Oomori (First debut role) will voice Yurika Nijino
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Makoto Tachibana from Free) voices Kenji Matsudaira
- Aoi Yuki (Madoka Kaname from Puella Magi Madoka Magica) will voice Korama
- Ayana Taketatsu (Azusa Nakano from K-ON!) voices Karama
- Megumi Takamoto (Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) as Harumi Sakuraba.
The website showcased the characters for the upcoming anime.
The Opening theme song for the anime will be sung by Heart♡Invader, which includes the voice actresses from the anime itself: Nichika Oomori, Eri Suzuki, Masumi Tazawa, and Maria Nakazawa. The ending theme for the series has been confirmed to be performed by petit milady, a duo composed of Ayana Taketatsu and Aoi Yuki.
The first promotional video for the series launched back in March.
The light novel series Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? was first published in 2009 by Takehaya, with Poco illustrating. The novels are published by Hobby Japan in their HJ Bunko imprint, where a manga adaptation by Tomosane Ariike made its way on the publisher’s manga website late last year. To date there have been 15 volumes. There was also an animated PV for the series by Silver Link that released in 2010 and was directed by Shinichi Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Due to young Koutarou’s financial circumstances, he is forced to live in a small rokujouma (6-tatami apartment) on a budget of 5000 yen a month. On the plus side, he lives rent-free, but on the minus side, that’s because room 106 of Corona Apartments is cursed. The ghost is a cute young girl, and hijinks ensue when she tries to drive him out. Between the haunting, Koutarou’s nosy neighbors, and a self-styled magical girl flying to the unneeded rescue, there’s way too much for the impoverished young man to handle.
The Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? anime adaptation will be airing this July in the Summer 2014 anime season. More information and footage of the anime will be out in the upcoming weeks.
You can visit the anime’s official site here: http://corona106.tv/