Lots of new information has been released about the upcoming anime adaptation of Takaya Kagami, Daisuke Furuya and Yamato Yamamoto’s Owari no Seraph (Seraph of the End) manga on the anime’s official website. The anime itself will be a split cour anime airing in Spring and Fall/Autumn 2015 anime seasons, taking a season break. Additionally, the site also reveals a brand new visual, new cast members and character designs, and a brand new trailer.
The Owari no Seraph anime will be a split cour series. It will air from April till June for the Spring 2015 anime season and then return in October till December in the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season, taking a break during the Summer 2015 anime season. This also implies that the anime will run for a minimum of 22 episodes.
The website has revealed new cast members that will be voicing in the anime in addition to new character designs. The main cast of the anime includes:
- Miyu Irino (Akito Hyuuga in Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito ) will voice Yuuichirou Hyakuya
- Kensho Ono (Tetsuya Kuroko from Kuroko no Basket) will be voicing Mikaela Hyakuya
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) as Guren Ichinose
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) who will voice Felid Bathory
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) voicing the role of Shinoa Hiiragi
The supporting cast of the anime has:
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) voicing as Yoichi Saotome
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) who will voice Shiho Kimizuki
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer) as Mitsuba Sangu
A brand new trailer has been released for Owari no Seraph by NBCUniversal Entertainment. This new video introduces the main characters of the series, the anime’s premise and it also has English subtitles.
The anime’s staff were earlier revealed and are as follows:
- Director: Daisuke Tokutsuchi (Debut directing role, Attack on Titan episode director)
- Assistant Director: Masashi Koizuka (Various roles on Attack on Titan, Baccano! Key Animator)
- Series Composer and Screenplay Writer: Hiroshi Seko (Attack on Titan, Zankyou no Terror)
- Anime Character Designer: Satoshi Kadowaki (Various roles on Attack on Titan, Black Rock Shooter Key Animator)
- Storyboard Artist: Hiroki Shinagawa (Medaka Box)
- Animation Studio: Wit Studio (Attack on Titan)
Owari no Seraph (Seraph of the End) is a manga series written by Takaya Kagami, illustrated by Yamato Yamamoto and storyboarded by Daisuke Furuya. Kagami is also the creator of the The Legend of the Legendary Heroes light novel series, and Yamamoto is known for illustrating the Kure-nai light novels, both of which already received anime adaptations. The series began in 2012 in Shueisha’s Jump Square magazine and to date has a total of 6 volumes published.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
One day, a mysterious virus appeared on Earth which killed every infected human over the age of 13. At the same time, vampires emerged from the world’s dark recesses and enslaved mankind. Enter Hyakuya Yuuichirou, a young boy, who along with the rest of the children from his orphanage, are treated as livestock by the vampires. Even in captivity, Yuuichirou dreams big. He dreams of killing vampires. He dreams of killing them all.
The Owari no Seraph anime will air from April next year during the Spring 2015 anime season, before taking a season break and returning in October in the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. Further information will be released next year.
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Owari no Seraph”, “Seraph of the End”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Takaya Kagami, Yamato Yamamoto, Daisuke Furuya, Shueisha, and Wit Studio