As part of the month of Rail Wars! news, the official website of the anime has revealed the series’ main cast members. They are as follows:
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) will voice lead character Naoto Takayama
- Manami Numakura (Hibiki Ganaha in The [email protected]) voices Aoi Sakurai
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) as Haruka Koumi
- Satoshi Hino (Yuuji Sakai in Shakugan no Shana) is voicing Shou Iwaizumi
- Hiromi Igarashi (Orion from Amnesia) will voice Mari Sasshou
In addition to the cast reveal, the second promotional video of the anime was also released:
The production crew and staff of the anime adaptation of Rail Wars! include:
- Director: Yoshifumi Sueda (Debut full directing role)
- Series Composer: Masashi Suzuki (Oda Nobuna no Yabou, Minami-ke: Okawari)
- Main Character Designer and Animation Director: Makoto Uno (Witchblade, Love Hina)
- Music Composer: Yoshiaki Fujisawa (Love Live! School idol project, Akuma no Riddle)
- Animation Studio: Passione (Haitai Nanafa)
Rail Wars! was first released as a light novel series in January 2012, where it’s full title is Rail Wars!-Nihon Kokuyuu Tetsudou Kouantai- (Rail Wars! Japanese National Railways Security Force). The series was created by Takumi Toyoda, and featured illustrations from Vania600. The light novels ran in Sohgeisha’s Clear Bunko imprint, where the 8th volume released earlier this year. The series also received a manga adaptation that started late last year that is being written by Toyoda and drawn by Keiji Asakawa. Japanese developer and publisher 5pb. (Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes) are also working on a game based on the manga and upcoming anime.
Here is a synopsis from MAL:
The “dream railway paradise entertainment” story is set in a parallel world where Japan did not privatize its national railways. Naohito Takayama is an ordinary high school boy who dreams of a comfortable future working for the top-rated Japanese National Railways. He is assigned as a trainee in the Railways Security Force full of odd characters such as Sakurai, a troublemaker who hates men. On top of that, an extremist group called “RJ” plots to privatize the Japanese National Railways.
The anime adaptation of Rail Wars! will be airing from July 6 in the Summer 2014 anime season. More information about the upcoming series will be out over the next month.
You can also visit the anime’s site for more details: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/railwars/
And keep up to date quickly on their Twitter: @rw_anime
“Rail Wars”, “Rail Wars!-Nihon Kokuyuu Tetsudou Kouantai-“, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Takumi Toyoda, Vania600, Passione, Sohgeisha and Project RW