The official website of the January 2015 anime adaptation of the Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata light novel series by Fumiaki Maruto and Kurehito Misaki has been updated with the series’ main cast, production staff and character designs. Furthermore, the anime’s newest key visual has also been released on the site.
Here is the previous visual for the anime:
The anime’s main cast have been revealed on the website and so are the first set of character designs for the leading female characters of the series. The cast members of the Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata anime include:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito from Sword Art Online) will lead the cast as the otaku Tomoya Aki
- Kiyono Yasuno (Tina Kobayakawa in Wake Up Girls!) will be voicing Megumi Katou, who met Tomoya by fate
- Saori Oonishi (La Folia Rihavein in Strike the Blood) voices Eriri Spencer Sawamura, a childhood friend of Tomoya
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) as Utaha Kasumigaoka, a popular writer
- Chinatsu Akasaki (Shinka Nibutani in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) voices the role of Izumi Hashima
- Sayuri Yahagi (Suzu Hagimura from Seitokai Yakuindomo) will be playing Michiru Hyoudou
- Tetsuya Kakihara (Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail) as Iori Hashima
The anime’s production staff were revealed as well and includes:
- Director: Kanta Kamei (Usagi Drop, Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru)
- Screenplay Writer: Fumiaki Maruto (White Album 2, light novel writer)
- Music Composer: Hajime Hyakkoku (K-ON!, G-bu)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Aldnoah.Zero, Sword Art Online)
The site has also announced that three character songs of the anime’s leading heroines will be releasing in Japan on December 3rd. Each album will contain 4 songs, including a solo version of the anime’s main theme song, LOVE iLLUSiON. The albums are selling for ¥1,500 (~ $15 USD) each: https://www.aniplexplus.com/itemEwCJhBpd
You can also edit your Twitter profile to celebrate the upcoming anime adaptation with these Twitter profile images:
The first promotional video for the series released online earlier in the year:
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata is a comedy, drama and romance light novel series written by Fumiaki Maruto and illustrated by Kurehito Misaki. The series began in 2012 in Fujimi Shobo’s Fujimi Fantasia Bunko imprint where a total of 7 compiled volumes have been published to date. The series also received three manga adaptations in 2013 from different artists and publications. The first main adaptation began in January in Fujimi Shobo’s Monthly Dragon Age magazine and was illustrated by Takeshi Moriki, the second adaptation is a spin-off titled Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata: Egoistic-Lily from Niito and published in Kadokawa Shoten’s Young Ace magazine from February till May for 3 volumes. The third adaptation, titled Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata: Koisuru Metronome, began in August in Square Enix’s Big Gangan magazine. All of the manga adaptations are written by Maruto himself.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
The life of Tomoyo Aki, a highschool otaku working part time to support his BD hoarding. With remarkable luck, he bumps head-first into, Megumi Kato, the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. Naturally, the meeting twists his life into a complicated torrent of relationships. Eriri Spencer Sawamura, his half-foreigner childhood friend who’s always valued her relationship with MC. Kasumigaoka Utaha, a cold, composed renowned literary genius who shoves everyone aside from our protagonist. What is this? An eroge introduction?
The tale of a small not quite doujin circle, but not quite indie studio’s journey through the tough territory of comiket and beyond.
The Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata anime will be airing from January next year throughout the Noitamina block, during the Winter 2014/2015 anime season. More information about the series will be revealed at Fujimi Shobo’s 2014 Fantasia event on December 6.
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Fumiaki Maruto, Kurehito Misaki, Fujimi Shobo, A-1 Pictures and the Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Production Committee