The official website of the Tantei Opera Milky Holmes anime has revealed that a new anime of the series is currently in production. The upcoming series will be the 4th season of the anime and will be airing in January next year. The website has also released the first visual for the anime:
The 4th season of the anime will be titled Tantei Opera Milky Holmes TD, with the new subtitle standing for Tottemo Dohhyaa. The site has also revealed that the anime will feature a new main character, joining the cast:
- Emi Nitta (Honoka Kousaka from Love Live! School Idol Project) will join the cast as super idol Marine Amagi
She will join the main cast who consists of:
- Suzuko Mimori (Umi Sonoda in Love Live! School Idol Project) will return as Sherlock Shellingford
- Sora Tokui (Nico Yazawa from Love Live! School Idol Project) is back to voice Nero Yuzurisaki
- Mikoi Sasaki (Himeno Katsuragi in Da Capo III) will be voicing Hercule Barton
- Yoshino Nanjou (Eli Ayase in Love Live! School Idol Project) voices as Kokoro Akechi
- Izumi Kitta (Misaki Tokura in Cardfight!! Vanguard) will be playing Cordelia Glauca
- Ayasa Itou (First major role) as Alice Myojingawa
- Aimi Terakawa (Tomoya Mizuhara from Onee-chan ga Kita) is voicing Kazumi Tokiwa
The site has also revealed that staff that will be producing the anime:
- Director: Hiroshi Nishikiori (Toaru Majutsu no Index, Jyu Oh Sei)
- Assistant Director: Hirokazu Hanai (Kamisama Kazoku Animation Director, Fullmetal Alchemist Key Animator)
- Script Writers: Tenga Komuro (Debut role), Go Zappa (Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku), Shogo Yasukawa (Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?), Takayo Ikami (Mawaru Penguindrum), Hideki Shirane (Date A Live), Hyouichi Yokomizu (Debut role)
- Anime Character Designer: Mariko Fujita (Rosario + Vampire, Kämpfer)
- Music Composer: Elements Garden (White Album, Mouretsu Pirates)
- Animation Studios: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo), Nomad (Ouran Koukou Host Club, Rozen Maiden)
The anime’s theme songs were also revealed. The Opening theme will be Milky A Go Go sung by the main characters of the anime, and the Ending theme will be Tankyuu Dreaming performed by newcomer Emi Nitta.
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes is a multimedia franchise by Bushiroad that began as an Internet radio show in 2009. Following the radio show, the show has been adapted into various media including manga, visual novels, video games, light novels and anime. The manga adaptation of the series ran from 2010 to 2011 in Kadokawa Shoten’s Comp Ace magazine that was written by the Japanese trading card game company and illustrated by Sorahiro Mizushima. The series received its first anime adaptation in 2010 from J.C.Staff and was directed by Makoto Moriwaki (Pri Para, Onegai! Samia Don). The series was followed up with two more anime seasons, and a sequel spin-off series Futari wa Milky Holmes was also produced. The visual novel itself released on the PlayStation Portable in 2010, followed by its sequel in 2012, and a rhythm game releasing later this year.
Here is a synopsis of the upcoming series from MAL:
There have been many cases of stolen songs happening among the idols in Yokohama District recently. Even super idol Marine Amagi’s hit song “Kiseki no Uta” was taken away. At the request of Marine, the Milky Holmes team starts investigating the case.
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes TD will be airing in January 2015, during the Winter 2014/2015 anime season. A early screening of the anime’s first two episodes will be aired on December 31st on Tokyo MX in their Oomisoka-dayo! Milky Holmes 2014 special.
Are you ready for more mystery solving with the cutest girls? Let us know in the comments below
Source Article – Anime News Network
Source Article – Crunchyroll
“Tantei Opera Milky Holmes TD”, “Tantei Opera Milky Holmes”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Bushiroad inc., J.C. Staff, Nomad and Milky Holmes TD Production Committee