The Niconico Chokaigi 3 convention held the Terra Formars kickoff event earlier today, where it revealed the cast and crew of the upcoming OVA series. The one-off OVA is based on Yu Sasuga and Kenichi Tachibana’s highly ranked manga, where a TV anime is also in production.
The revealed cast are as follows:
- Hidenobu Kiuchi (Hei in Darker Than Black) will voice the lead character Shokichi Komachi
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) voices Ichiro Hiruma
- Ayako Kawasumi (Saber from Fate/Zero, Fate/stay night) as Nanao Akita
- Tomohisa Hashizume (Bertolt Hoover in Attack on Titan) plays as Thien
- Rikiya Koyama (Kiritsugu Emiya in Fate/Zero, Fate/stay night) voices Donatello K. Davis
- Ayahi Takagaki (Henrietta in Log Horizon) voicing Zhang Ming-Ming
- Kenjiro Tsuda (Mikoto Suoh in K) will voice God Lee
- Nana Mizuki (Hinata Hyuuga from Naruto) as Maria Viren
- Ami Koshimizu (Ryuuko Matoi from Kill la Kill) voices Victoria Wood
- Hiroshi Yanaka (Nobuhiko Tokiwa in Tamako Market) as Kou Honda
The production crew of the OVA will be:
- Director: Hiroshi Hamasaki (Steins;Gate, Blade & Soul)
- Assistant Director: Takaharu Ozaki (Texhnolyze)
- Series Composition: Shougo Yasukawa (Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?)
- Main Character Designer: Masanori Shino (Black Lagoon)
- Character Designer: Satoshi Kimura (Buddy Complex)
- Animation Studio: Liden Films (Miss Monochrome, Senyuu)
Terra Formars is an original manga written by Yu Sasuga and illustrated by Kenichi Tachibana. The series was first published in 2011 in Shueisha’s Weekly Young Jump magazine. To date the series has 8 volumes published. The manga ranked 1st in Kono Manga ga Sugoi! Top 20 Manga for Male Readers guidebook, with over 6 million copies in print. A TV anime and OVA were announced in February this year. The OVA will handle the first arc in the series, the Bugs 2 Arc, and the anime series will continue on with the Annex 1 arc.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
With the space program attempting to travel to Mars, 21st century scientists were tasked with warming up the planet so that humans could survive on its surface. They came up with an efficient and cost-effective plan of sending cockroaches and mold to the surface so that the mold would absorb the sunlight and the insect corpses would serve as a food source for the mold.
It is now the year 2577 and the first manned ship to Mars has landed on the planet and the six crew members are ready for their mission. But what they find are giant mutated humanoid cockroaches with incredible physical strength. The crew members are easily wiped out, but not before sending a transmission back to Earth. Now, humanity will send elite warriors to exterminate the mutated bugs and claim back Mars.
No release window for either the OVA or TV anime have been revealed. The anime itself has very little information, other than the OVA production team will also work on the series.
In the meantime you can visit the official Terra Formars anime site: http://terraformars.tv/
“Terra Formars”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Yu Sasuga, Kenichi Tachibana, Shueisha and Liden Films