At the recent Animate Girls Festival 2014 event at Sunshine City, Tokyo, it was announced that an anime adaptation of the Tsukiuta series of music and drama CDs is currently in production. The event also announced that a fan festival event will be hosted in Tokyo next June, alongside some new music CDs.
The main characters are separated into three idol groups, two of which are male idols groups and one female idol group. The first group is Six Gravity and consists of the following, with their respective voice actors/actresses from the drama CD:
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) voices Kakeru Shiwasu
- Kousuke Toriumi (Shunsuke Imaizumi from Yowamushi Pedal) as Hajime Mutsuki
- Toshiki Masuda (Takashi Yura in Kimi no Iru Machi) will be voicing Koi Kisaragi
- Tomoaki Maeno (Naotsugu from Log Horizon) will voice Haru Yayoi
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) will play the role of Arata Uzuki
- KENN (Akihito Kanbara in Kyoukai no Kanata) as Aoi Satsuki
The second male idol group is Procellarum and includes:
- Shouta Aoi (Daiki Tomii from Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49) will be voicing Rui Minauki
- Wataru Hatano (Gajeel Redfox from Fairy Tail) voices Kai Fuzuki
- Tetsuya Kakihara (Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail) voicing as You Hazuki
- Takashi Kondou (Ritsu Onodera from Sekaiichi Hatsukoi) as Yoru Nagatsuki
- Kensho Ono (Tetsuya Kuroko from Kuroko no Basket) will play the role of Iku Kannazuki
- Ryouhei Kimura (Kodaka Hasegawa in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) voices Shun Shimotsuki
The female idol group is Student Goddesses and consists of:
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury in Sailor Moon Crystal) as Hijiri Kurisu
- Asami Imai (Chihaya Kisaragi in The iDOLM@STER) will voice Yuki Hanzono
- Mako Sakurai (Yuu Matsumi in Saki: Achiga-hen – Episode of Side-A) as Ai Kasaragi
- Rumi Okubo (Chinatsu Yoshikawa from Yuru Yuri) will be voicing Hina Momosaki
- Ai Nonaka (Kyouko Sakura from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) voices the role of Chisa Togawa
- Yumi Uchiyama (Yoko Inokuma from Kiniro Mosaic) voices Yuki Wakaba
Tsukiuta is a series of music videos that revolve around a set of characters themed after the months of the year in idol groups, with the songs composed by popular Vocaloid artists. There are a total of 3 idol groups, two full of males and the other is female. The first group, Six Gravity consists of the characters representing December till May, and the second male idol group and fellow rivals, Procellarum, consists of characters of June to November. The all female group, Student Goddesses, include December through May, and are an alternate reality version to their male counterparts. The series includes numerous vocal music CDs, drama CDs, a fan festival with the cast, and an artbook.
The Tsukiuta anime adaptation will be airing next year. A fan festival will be hosted in Tokyo next June with a new series of music CDs that will with bundled anime short music videos. More information will be revealed in the upcoming months.