Following the release of the Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova DC recap film this January, the official website of Ark Performance’s Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova manga series has revealed the upcoming sequel film: Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Cadenza. The site has also revealed that the film will release in Japan from October 3rd.
The Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Cadenza film will be a sequel to the original 2013 anime series and will contain all new footage. The film was announced in conjunction with a recap film, known as Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova DC, which released in Japanese theatres on January 31st.
Two teaser trailers have been released for the upcoming film, which introduces the new characters to the anime:
The second teaser showcases some of the visuals of the film:
The main cast members of the upcoming film have been revealed:
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) will return to voice Gunzou Chihaya
- Mai Fuchigami (Miho Nishizumi from Girls und Panzer) returns as Iona
- Rie Kugimiya (Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood) will voice Musashi
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) as Hiei
- Ayaka Fukuhara (Rin Shibuya in The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls) voices Myoukou
- Satomi Sato (Ritsu Tainaka from K-ON!) will be voicing Nachi
- Hiromi Igarashi (Orion in Amnesia) joins the cast to voice Haguro
- Suzuko Mimori (Umi Sonoda in Love Live! School Idol Project) voicing as Ashigara
The staff of the first film will also return:
- Director: Seiji Kishi (Persona 4 The Animation, Angel Beats!)
- Art Director: Ayumu Miyakoshi (Debut Role)
- Character Designer: Morita Kazuaki (Persona 4: The Animation, Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu.)
- Editor: Kiyoshi Hirose (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Zankyou no Terror)
- Sound Director: Satoki Iida (Persona 4: The Animation, Angel Beats!)
- Animation Studio: SANZIGEN (Miss Monochrome: The Animation, Black Rock Shooter)
The film will also have a special campaign with World Cosplay where fans can enter a cosplay competition as characters from the series. The competition, to enter by using #ArpeggioCosplay, will be held till September 24 and the winner will be declared as the official Cosplay Student Council President for the anime. Here is Mao Ichimichi in costume as her character to promote the campaign:
Lastly, the anime’s site has revealed the advance tickets for the film. The ticket is currently on sale for ¥1,500 (~ $12.10 USD) and will contain a ticket for the movie and a special card to redeem a prize at participating cinemas.
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio (Arpeggio of Blue Steel) is a Sci-Fi manga from Ark Performance. The series debuted in 2009 in Shonen Gahosha Young King Ours magazine. To date a total of 9 volumes have been compiled and released in Japan. The series received an anime adaptation in October 2013. It was produced by SANZIGEN with Seiji Kishi being the director. Makoto Uezu (School Days, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?) handled the series composition and Masato Kouda (Mahou Sensou) was the anime’s Music composer. A compilation film of the series was released in Japan on January 31st.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
By 2039, global warming had caused sea levels to rise and large amount of territory to be lost. As though in response, a mysterious group of warships clad in mist, “the Fleet of Mist,” appeared in every corner of the ocean, and began attacking human ships. In spite of humanity mustering all their strength, they were utterly defeated by the Mist’s overwhelming force. All of humanity’s trade routes were blockaded by the Fleet of Mist, their political economy was destroyed, and the human race was steadily beaten down. Seven years later, the Fleet of Mist’s submarine I-401 appears before cadet Gunzo Chihaya. The humanoid life form that pilots the sub, who should be their enemy, is instead offering her services to mankind.
The Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Cadenza film will be released in Japan on October 3rd this year. Further information about the anime will revealed in the upcoming weeks.
Source Article – Crunchyroll
“Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Cadenza”, “Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova”, “Arpeggio of Blue Steel”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Ark Performance, Shonen Gahosha, SANZIGEN and Arpeggio Partner