It has been recently announced that an anime adaptation of Hiromu Arakawa’s manga adaptation of Yoshiki Tanaka and Yoshitaka Amano’s Arslan Senki (The Heroic Legend of Arslan) novel series is currently in production. The anime itself will be a TV series that will be airing from April 5th this year. Additionally, the anime’s official website has revealed the first visuals, main cast, staff and commercials for the upcoming series.
The main cast members of the anime was recently revealed as well as the first designs for the main characters they will be voicing. The main cast includes:
- Yuusuke Kobayashi (Kazuki Kurebayashi in Selector Infected WIXOSS) voicing as Arslan
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) voicing the main role of Daryun
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) will voice Narsus
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) as Elam
The production staff members of the Arslan Senki TV anime were also revealed. The main staff consists of:
- Director: Noriyuki Abe (Black Butler: Book of Circus, Bleach)
- Series Composer: Makoto Uezu (Akame ga Kill!, Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio)
- Chief Anime Character Designer: Shingo Ogiso (AnoHana and Blue Exorcist: The Movie Key Animator)
- Art Director: Tadashi Kudo (Katanagatari, Genji Tsuushin Agedama)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (AnoHana, Aldnoah.Zero)
- Music Composer: Taro Iwashiro (Suisei no Gargantia, Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos)
- Animation Studios: Liden Films (Miss Monochrome, Terra Formars) and Sanzigen Animation Studio (Miss Monochrome, Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio)
Since the anime’s announcement a series of commercials for the anime were revealed, which introduces the main premise of the series and the main characters.
Arslan Senki (The Heroic Legend of Arslan) began as a novel series written by Yoshiki Tanaka, who also wrote the Legend of the Galactic Heroes novels, and illustrated by Yoshitaka Amano. The series began in 1986 being published by Kadokawa Shoten that originally ran for a total of 10 volumes, before being moved to be published by Kobunsha for an additional 4 volumes, bringing the series up to a total of 14 volumes with new artist Shinobu Tanno. The series has received numerous manga and anime adaptations, consisting of anime films and OVA series, as well as a video game adaptation. The most latest manga adaptation is Hiromu Arakawa’s run of the series, which began in July 2013 in Kodansha’s Bessatsu Shonen Magazine and has a total of 3 compiled volumes to date.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
In the prosperous kingdom of Pars lies the Royal Capital of Ecbatana, a city of splendor and wonder, ruled by the undefeated and fearsome King Andragoras. Arslan is the young and curious prince of Pars who, despite his best efforts, doesn’t seem to have what it takes to be a proper king like his father.
At the age of 14, Arslan goes to his first battle and loses everything as the blood-soaked mist of war gives way to scorching flames, bringing him to face the demise of his once glorious kingdom. However, it is Arslan’s destiny to be a ruler, and despite the trials that face him, he must now embark on a journey to reclaim his fallen kingdom.
The Arslan Senki TV anime will be airing from April 5th on MBS during the Spring 2015 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed in the near future.
Source Article – Anime News Network
Source Article #2 – Anime News Network
Source Article #3 – Anime News Network
Source Article #4 – Anime News Network
“Arslan Senki”, “The Heroic Legend of Arslan”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Yoshiki Tanaka, Yoshitaka Amano, Hiromu Arakawa, Kodansha and the Arslan Senki Production committee