This week’s issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine has revealed that the second season of the anime adaptation of Yusei Matsui’s Assassination Classroom (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu) manga will start its broadcast in January 2016.
The second season of the anime will start this upcoming January on Fuji TV, during the Winter 2015/2016 anime season. The first season of the anime began this January in the Winter 2014/2015 anime season and ran for 2 cours spanning 22 episodes. The final episode itself aired on Saturday the 20th of June, where the second season was unveiled to air in 2016 at the end card of the episode.
The second season of the anime was earlier announced as well as a sequel to the live action film. The film was directed by Eiichirou Hasumi (Umizaru and Wild 7 Live Action Films) with Tatsuya Kanazawa (Lucky Seven, Saru Lock The Movie) writing the film’s script. The first film stars Ryousuke Yamada (Kindaichi in Kindaichi Case Files) as Nagisa Shiota, Masaki Suda (Tadakuni in Daily Lives of High School Boys Live Action Movie) as Karma Akabane and Kippei Shiina (Tenzen from SHINOBI – Heart Under Blade) as Tadaomi Karasuma.
The main cast of the anime’s first season stars:
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge in Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) as the teacher Koro-sensei
- Mai Fuchigami (Miho Nishizumi from Girls und Panzer) voicing as Nagisa Shiota
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) voicing Karma Akabane
- Miho Hino (Toki from Seitokai Yakuindomo*) who voices Sumire Hara
- Ryota Osaka (Haruto Tokishima in Kakumeiki Valvrave) as Yuuma Isogai
- Aya Suzaki (Tamako Kitashirakawa from Tamako Market) voicing the role of Kaede Kayano
- Shizuka Itou (Luviagelita Edelfelt in Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) who voices Irina Jelavic
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) voicing as Tadaomi Karasuma
The staff producing the first season included:
- Director: Seiji Kishi (Persona 4 The Animation, Angel Beats!)
- Character Designer: Kazuaki Morita (Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova, Persona 4 The Animation)
- Script Writer: Makoto Uezu (Carnival Phantasm)
- Animation Studio: Lerche (Fate/Prototype, Unbreakable Machine-Doll)
Assassination Classroom (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu) is a comedy manga written and illustrated by Yusei Matsui. The series began in 2012 in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, and was the 7th top selling manga in 2013 selling over 4.5 million copies. To date, a total of 12 compiled volumes have been released. An OVA adaptation of the manga released in 2013 that was produced by Brain’s Base (Baccano!, Natsume Yuujinchou). Studio Lerche (Fate/Prototype, Unbreakable Machine-Doll) is producing the recently announced TV anime of the series, which aired for a total of 22 episodes during the Winter 2014/2015 and Spring 2015 anime seasons. The manga also received a live action film adaptation.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
A humorous and action-packed story about a class of misfits who are trying to kill their new teacher – an alien octopus with bizarre powers and super strength! The teacher has just destroyed the moon and is threatening to destroy the earth – unless his students can destroy him first. What makes things more complicated is that he’s the best teacher they’ve ever had!
The second season of the Assassination Classroom anime is currently in production and will air on Fuji TV in January 2016, during the Winter 2015/2016 anime season. Further information about the second season will be revealed later in the year.
“Assassination Classroom”, “Ansatsu Kyoushitsu”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Yusei Matsui, Shueisha, Studio Lerche, Toho and Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Production Committee