At the recent Toho Cinemas Roppongi Hills stage event for the live action film adaptation of Yusei Matsui’s Assassination Classroom (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu), the staff of the film have announced that there will be a sequel film. In addition, the staff have also announced that the anime adaptation will also be receiving a second season.
The sequel film already has a title and will be releasing in Japanese theatres next year, as Ansatsu Kyoushitsu~Sotsugyou-hen~ (Assassination Classroom ~Graduation Edition~). The first live action film of the series was produced and released in Japanese cinemas on March 21st earlier this year. The film was directed by Eiichirou Hasumi (Umizaru and Wild 7 Live Action Films) with Tatsuya Kanazawa (Lucky Seven, Saru Lock The Movie) writing the film’s script.
The first film stars Ryousuke Yamada (Kindaichi in Kindaichi Case Files) as Nagisa Shiota, Masaki Suda (Tadakuni in Daily Lives of High School Boys Live Action Movie) as Karma Akabane and Kippei Shiina (Tenzen from SHINOBI – Heart Under Blade) as Tadaomi Karasuma.
The first season of the anime is currently airing and is in its second and final cour. The series began in the Winter 2014/2015 anime season and will conclude at the end of this season.
The main cast of the anime stars:
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge in Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) as the teacher Koro-sensei
- Mai Fuchigami (Miho Nishizumi from Girls und Panzer) voicing as Nagisa Shiota
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) voicing Karma Akabane
- Aya Suzaki (Tamako Kitashirakawa from Tamako Market) voicing the role of Kaede Kayano
- Shizuka Itou (Luviagelita Edelfelt in Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) who voices Irina Jelavic
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) voicing as Tadaomi Karasuma
And the staff producing the anime includes:
- Director: Seiji Kishi (Persona 4 The Animation, Angel Beats!)
- Character Designer: Kazuaki Morita (Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova, Persona 4 The Animation)
- Script Writer: Makoto Uezu (Carnival Phantasm)
- Animation Studio: Lerche (Fate/Prototype, Unbreakable Machine-Doll)
Assassination Classroom is a manga series from Yusei Matsui. The series began in 2012 in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, and was the 7th top-selling manga of 2013. To date, a total of 10 compiled volumes have been released and over 10 million copies have been sold. An OVA of the manga released late 2013. The manga received an anime adaptation that aired in the Winter 2014/2015 anime season, directed by Seiji Kishi (Persona 4 The Animation, Angel Beats!) and produced by Lerche (Fate/Prototype, Unbreakable Machine-Doll). The anime is a 2 cour series and will end in the Spring 2015 anime season. The manga also received a live action film adaptation.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
A humorous and action-packed story about a class of misfits who are trying to kill their new teacher – an alien octopus with bizarre powers and super strength! The teacher has just destroyed the moon and is threatening to destroy the earth – unless his students can destroy him first. What makes things more complicated is that he’s the best teacher they’ve ever had!
The sequel to the live action film, Assassination Classroom ~Graduation Edition~, will be released in Japanese theatres in 2016. Details about the anime’s second season are still scarce, so expect further information about the series in the upcoming months.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://www.ansatsu-anime.com/
Follow the anime’s Twitter here: @ansatsu_anime
Visit the movie’s website here: http://ansatsu-movie.com/
And follow their Twitter: @ansatsu_movie
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Assassination Classroom”, “Ansatsu Kyoushitsu”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Yusei Matsui, Shueisha, Studio Lerche, Toho and Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Production Committee