The first promotional video has been released online for the upcoming anime adaptation of Kouhei Horikoshi’s Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) manga. The new video introduces to us the main characters of the series and also presents to us a taste of the animation, music and the characters’ voices.
The TV anime adaptation of Boku no Hero Academia has been green-lit and is currently in production.
The first two cast members of the series have been revealed, alongside a preview of their character designs for the anime. The main cast currently includes:
- Daiki Yamashita (Sakamichi Onoda from Yowamushi Pedal) will voice Izuku Midoriya
- Kenta Miyake (Mohammed Avdol from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders) is going to voice All Might
Additional members of the anime’s staff were also revealed in the issue:
- Director: Kenji Nagasaki (Gundam Build Fighters, Classroom☆Crisis)
- Series Composer: Yousuke Kuroda (Gundam Build Fighters, Hellsing Ultimate)
- Anime Character Designer: Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Berserk, Casshern Sins)
- Animation Studio: Studio Bones (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Noragami)
Here is the anime’s main visual:
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
People are not born equal, a realization that 4-year-old Midoriya Izuku faced when bullied by his classmates who had unique special powers. Izuku was one of the rare cases where he was born with absolutely no unique powers. This did not stop Izuku from pursuing his dream, a dream of becoming a great hero like the legendary All-Might. To become the great hero he hopelessly wants to become, he now will join the ranks of one of the highest rated “Hero Academies” in the country: Yueiko. With the help of his idol All-Might, will he be able to claim the ranks and become a true hero?