A brand new emotional trailer has been revealed for the upcoming upcoming Boruto -Naruto the Movie- anime film, the next instalment in Masashi Kishimoto’s Naruto franchise. The 4 minute trailer recaps all of Naruto’s character defining moments in the original manga as he grew and became the hero that Konoha needed. It also showcases the long road that Naruto has walked down before passing on his legacy to his son Boruto. The video also shows off the main theme song of the film, Diver by Kana Boon. The film is one of the first projects of the new generation in the Naruto Shin Jidai Kaimaku Project (Naruto’s New Era Opening Project), set after the final chapter in the Naruto manga. The film itself will be about the story of Boruto and Sarada.
Boruto -Naruto The Movie- will be releasing in Japanese theatres on August 7th. The film will also release in Australia and North America later this year.
Here is the film’s previous trailer:
The main cast of characters in the upcoming film have been announced, which include the next generations of Shinobi and their enemies:
- Yuko Sanpei (Renton Thurston from Eureka Seven) will voice Boruto Uzumaki
- Kokoro Kikuchi (Potpourri in Heartcatch Precure!) as Sarada Uchiha
- Junko Takeuchi (Gon Freecss from Hunter x Hunter) returns to voice Naruto Uzumaki
- Noriaki Sugiyama (Uryuu Ishida in Bleach) is back as Sasuke Uchiha
- Ryuuichi Kijima (Kouji Nishimura in Baby Steps) will voice new character Mitsuki
- Atsushi Abe (Touma Kamijou from Toaru Majutsu no Index) voices as Inojin Yamanaka, Ino and Sai’s child
- Kensho Ono (Slaine Troyard from Aldnoah.Zero) is voicing Shikadai Nara, Shikamaru and Temari’s son
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima from Black Lagoon) will voice Momoshiki Ootsutsuki, the main villain who tries to steal Kurama
- Hiroki Yasumoto (Elfman Strauss in Fairy Tail) as Kinoshiki Ootsutsuki
- Ryouta Takeuchi (Ren in DRAMAtical Murder) will voice Darui
- Akira Ishida (Kaworu Nagisa from Neon Genesis Evangelion) will be voicing as Gaara
- Kouki Miyata (Kouta Tsuchiya in Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu) as Choujuurou
- Hana Takeda (Chuukou Kyocho in Ikkitousen) returns to voice Kurotsuchi
- And Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) will voice Himawari Uzumaki
Here is the newest visual of the film:
Here is the film’s synopsis:
Boruto is the son of the 7th Hokage Naruto who completely rejects his father. Behind this, he has feelings of wanting to surpass Naruto, who is respected as a hero. He ends up meeting his father’s friend Sasuke, and requests to become… his apprentice!? The curtain on the story of the new generation written by Masashi Kishimoto rises!