A brand new mixed multimedia project has been announced under the title of Chaos Dragon, in which a brand new anime series called Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Senyaku has been announced to be airing this July. The project itself is adapting various table top play sessions with various anime, manga and light novel creators, including Gen Urobuchi and Ryohgo Narita. The anime’s official website has launched and has revealed the first visual, character designs and promotional video.
The first designs of the main characters in the upcoming anime were revealed:
- Ibuki, a descendant of the Nil Kamui royal family, created by illustrator Simadoriru
- Eiha, Ibuki’s guardian who has fused with a demon, created by author Izuki Kogyoku
- Soirot Clasbari, a member of the Black Dragon Knights of Donatia, created by writer Kinoko Nasu
- Ro Chenfa, a religious assassin from Kouran, created by writer Gen Urobuchi
- Meril, a NPC follower of Soirot
- Kagraba, a mysterious trader from Haiga, created by author Ryohgo Narita
The first members of the anime’s production staff were also revealed:
- Director: Masato Matsune (Meganebu! Animation Director, Fate/Prototype CGI Supervisor)
- Series Composers: Shou Aikawa (Oh! Edo Rocket, Fullmetal Alchemist Scriptwriter), Ukyou Kodachi (Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road Screenplay Writer)
- Music Composer: Hitoshi Sakimoto (Koutetsu no Vendetta, Druaga no Tou: The Aegis of Uruk)
- Animation Studios: Silver Link (Kokoro Connect, Non Non Biyori), Connect (Strike the Blood, Campione!)
Two promotional videos of the anime have been revealed since the anime’s announcement. Here is the first PV that announces the new anime project:
And the second PV that introduces the main characters and factions of the upcoming anime:
Chaos Dragon is a new mixed media project that currently consists of a mobile game, a board game and an anime. The project is based on a series of table top RPG sessions that were held by DM Makoto Sanda, the creator of the Rental Magica series, under the title of Red Dragon that spanned 6 days. The game involved a brand new original world envisioned by Sanda and has 5 players creating their own characters traversing through the game’s world and Sanda’s planned situations. The 5 players include: Gen Urobuchi, the creator of Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica and Fate/Zero, Ryohgo Narita, the creator of Baccano! and Durarara!!, Kinoko Nasu, one of the creators of Fate/stay night, Izuki Kogyoku, the author of Mimizuku to Yoru no Ou, and illustrator Simadoriru.
Each of the players created their own characters in the game and will have varying impacts in the Chaos Dragon projects. The board game will be titled Chaos Dragon: Hau Shunjuu, the mobile game titled Chaos Dragon: Konton Senso and the anime titled Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Senyaku.
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
The story takes place in Huanli (the Year of Dazzling) 3015. Donatia and Kouran, two countries fighting for supremacy, are causing the world to be torn apart due to the constant war. Amidst the strife is the island country Nil Kamui, which has lost its independence. Red Dragon, the guardian god of Nil Kamui, goes out of control. Will the island country be able to regain its independence?
The Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Senyaku anime will be airing this July during the Summer 2015 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed soon.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://chaosdragon.red/
And follow their Twitter: @chaosdragon_red
Source Article – Anime News Network
Source Article #2 – Anime News Network
“Chaos Dragon”, “Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Senyaku”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Makoto Sanda, Silver Link, Connect, Chaos Plan, Chaos Dragon and Red Dragon Campaign Production Committee