The most recent issue of Dengeki G’s magazine has revealed that the upcoming original anime Charlotte will be airing this July during the Summer 2015 anime season. Furthermore, the issue has also revealed additional members of the staff, a new commercial and also teases a new visual.
Jun Maeda will write the original screenplay and compose the music for the anime, which will be produced by P.A. Works (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara). It will also feature character designs from Na-Ga, a popular artist who works with Key on many of their famous visual novels and also the character designs of the Angel Beats! series. The issue of Dengeki G’s has revealed further members of the anime’s staff, and the full list includes:
- Director: Yoshiyuki Asai (Ah! My Goddess and Soul Eater Episode Director)
- Anime Character Designer: Kanami Sekiguchi (Shirobako, Tari Tari)
- Original Character Designer: Na-Ga (Clannad, Angel Beats!)
- Art Director: Kazuki Higashiji (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara)
- Sound Director: Satoki Iida (Angel Beats!, Assassination Classroom)
- Music Composer and Screenplay Writer: Jun Maeda (Angel Beats!, Clannad)
- Animation Studio: P.A. Works (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara)
The first commercial for the anime was also released:
The anime’s website has also revealed the synopsis of the story of Charlotte:
Set in a word in which a small percent of children manifest super powers upon reaching puberty, the series follows the Nouryokusha mono, power bearer, members of the “Hoshi No Umi” Academy student council as they help peers with problems arising from their abilities.
Here is the visual that released in the February issue of Dengeki G’s:
The previous Dengeki G’s Magazine issue has revealed the first details of the anime in an interview with Jun Maeda.
- He describes the plot of the anime as a typical Key story. He further compares the series to Angel Beats! where that series was unable to flesh out all the characters. This series will be different as their main focus will be on the characters.
- The main characters of the series will revolve around the student council, where one of them are in a band. There will be two stage performances by the band.
- The anime’s Opening and Ending themes, and the insert songs, will be written and composed by Jun Maeda (Angel Beats! Music & Creator, Clannad Music and Writer).
- The genre of the songs will be rock focusing on women vocals where the voice actresses will be singing.
- The first half of the anime will be more slow paced than Angel Beats! before picking up speed for the second half
Here is the announcement video for Charlotte:
The Charlotte anime will be airing this July during the Summer 2015 anime season. More information will be revealed in the upcoming months in Dengeki G’s Magazine and on the anime’s website.
Source Article – Crunchyroll
“Charlotte”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Jun Maeda, Aniplex, Key, P.A. Works, Dengeki G’s Magazine and the Charlotte Project