The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Yasuda’s Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka? (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?), or DanMachi for short, light novel series has revealed that the series will be airing from April 4th at 1:05am JST on Tokyo MX. The site has also unveiled a new visual, additional members of the anime’s cast and the second promotional video.
The anime’s website has revealed additional members of the main cast. In conjunction with their first set of character designs, the new cast members include:
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) is voicing Bete Loga
- Saori Hayami (Ayase Aragaki from Oreimo) as Ryu Lion
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama in K-ON!) will voice Freya
- Yurika Kubo (Hanayo Koizumi from Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Loki
They will join the earlier revealed members of the main cast:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito from Sword Art Online) voices the lead character Bell Cranel
- Inori Minase (Chino Kafuu in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) voicing as Hestia
- Saori Oonishi (La Folia Rihavein in Strike the Blood) will voice Ais Warenstein
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) will be voicing Liliruca Ahde
- Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna in Sword Art Online) voices Eina Tulle
- Shizuka Ishigami (Ellis Fahrengart in Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance) is voicing Syr Flover
A brand new promotional video of the anime was also revealed and previews the Opening theme song of the anime, Hey World by Yuka Iguchi:
The first promotional video for the DanMachi anime was released at Comiket 87, which introduces the series’ world and main characters.
The staff that will be producing the anime were also earlier revealed and includes:
- Director: Yoshiki Yamakawa (Little Busters!, Kill Me Baby)
- Series Composer: Hideki Shirane (Date A Live, Hayate no Gotoku!)
- Anime Character Designer: Shigeki Kimoto (Sky Girls Sub Character Designer, Toaru Majutsu no Index Animation Director)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
The Opening theme song of the anime will be Hey World by Yuka Iguchi and the Ending theme will be Kanon Wakeshima’s RIGHT LIGHT RISE.
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka? (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?) is a light novel series written by Fujino Oomori and illustrated by Suzuhito Yasuda. The series began in 2013 under SB Creative’s GA Bunko light novel imprint. To date a total of 5 compiled volumes have been published and have collectively sold over 500,000 copies in Japan. A total of three manga adaptations have been released based on the series.
Here is a synopsis of the series:
The story takes place in the town of labyrinths, Orario, also called “Dungeon.” Vel Clanel is a newbie adventurer that admires “Having a fateful meeting with a person of the opposite gender.” One day during an adventure, he is attacked by a Minotaur. Close to destruction, he is saved by a top-class female adventurer, Eyes Warenstein. He falls in love with her at first sight, and begins actions to become an adventurer that is on her level. He later encounters Hestia, a god called a “Lolita god” due to her stature who falls in love with him.
The Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka? anime will be airing from April 4th at 1:05am JST on Tokyo MX during the Spring 2015 anime season. Further information about the series will be revealed soon.
Source Article – Anime News Network
“DanMachi”, “Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka?”, “Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Fujino Oomori, Suzuhito Yasuda, SB Creative, J.C. Staff and DanMachi Production Committee