The official website of the anime adaptation of Koushi Tachibana and Tsunako’s Date A Live light novel series has revealed a new visual for the upcoming sequel anime film Date A Live: Mayuri Judgement. Additionally, a brand new trailer and cast has been revealed, with information about the advance tickets were also unveiled.
A brand new trailer has been revealed for the upcoming film, releasing on August 22nd. The new video previews what is to come in the movie and also previews the main theme, Trust in You by sweet ARMS. The group will also sing the Ending theme of the film, Invisible Date.
The first commercial was also revealed:
The official site of the anime has revealed that the main cast from the two anime seasons will return for Date A Live: Mayuri Judgement and new updated character designs were also revealed:
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (Haruka Nanase in Free!) returns to voice Shido Itsuki
- Marina Inoue (Laura Bodewig in IS: Infinite Stratos) is voicing as Tohka Yatogami
- Misuzu Togashi (Yukiteru Amano from Mirai Nikki) voices Origami Tobiichi
- Ayana Taketatsu (Suguha Kirigaya from Sword Art Online) will be voicing Kotori Itsuka
- Iori Nomizu (Haruna in Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?) as Yoshino
- Asami Sanada (Sawako Yamanaka from K-ON!) voices as Kurumi Tokisaki
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) voices Kaguya Yamai
- Sarah Emi Bridcutt (Asuka Kudou in Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?) is back to voice Yuzuru Yamai
- Minori Chihara (Yuki Nagato in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) is voicing Miku Izayoi
Advance tickets for the film have already opened. Various Japanese outlets are currently offering various bonuses if you pre-order the tickets from them, with 8 stores offering limited edition bundles with the tickets. The outlets and bonuses are:
- Animate, a A3 poster of Tohka and Kotori costing ¥2,040 (~ $16.80 USD)
- Gamers, a A3 poster of Kaguya and Yuzuru priced at ¥2,040 (~ $16.80 USD)
- Digi Can Japan, offering two types of paintings at two sizes, a F3 sized painting for ¥11,200 (~ $92.30 USD) and a F10 version for ¥17,700 (~ $145.90 USD)
- Chara Ani, has a special container box you can store things in, costing ¥7,000 (~ $59.35 USD)
- Good Smile Company, a chibi Yoshino rubber stamp going for ¥2,300 (~ $19.00 USD)
- Circle K Sunkus, a large picnic sheet of Tohka and Miku costing ¥2,700 (~ $22.25 USD)
- Toranoana, a 103cm x 36.4cm tapestry of a seductive Kurumi, selling for ¥4,500 (~ $37.10 USD)
- Hobby Stock, a B2 tapestry of Tohka bundled for ¥4,500 (~ $37.10 USD)
The main members of the staff who will be producing the movie were earlier revealed and include:
- Director: Keitaro Motonaga (Date A Live, School Days)
- Screenplay Writer: Hideki Shirane (Date A Live, Shakugan no Shana)
- Chief Animation Director and Anime Character Designer: Koji Watanabe (Date A Live II, Blue Gender)
- Anime Character Designer: Satoshi Ishino (Date A Live, Captain Earth)
- Animation Production: Production IMS (Date A Live II, Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu)
The movie itself was announced at the end of the final episode of Date A Live II, which was accompanied by a promotional video for the reveal.
Date A Live is a mecha, romantic comedy light novel series written by Koushi Tachibana and illustrated by Tsunako, who also worked on the art of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series. The light novels began in March 2011 and published by Fujimi Shobo in their Dragon Magazine where a total of 11 volumes have been published to date. The series had a manga spin-off series that ran from March 2012 to late 2013 by Fujimi Shobo. The series received an anime adaptation that first aired in March 2013 by studio AIC PLUS+ (GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class, Super Seisyun Brothers), directed by Keitaro Motonaga (School Days, Jormungand). A second season of the anime was produced in April 2014 by Production IMS (Shinmai Maou no Testament, Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu). A total of 2 video games have been adapted for the PlayStation 3 that released 2013 and in Summer 2014.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Itsuka Shido is a high school boy. On the last day of the spring holidays, an explosion destroys the town and a girl in armor appears in front of him. Shido’s sister-in-law, Kotori, tells him that the girl is called “Special Disasterous Designated Creature: Spirit”, which causes a timespace quake. Kotori disclosed that she is the commander of the anti-spirit organization Ratatosk and orders him to go out on a date with the spirit girl. Kotori says, “I don’t ask you to beat the spirit. Just let her fall in love with you and save the world.”
Date A Live: Mayuri Judgement will be released in Japanese theatres from August 22 during the Summer 2015 anime season. Advance tickets are now on sale for reservations. Further information about the anime will be released soon.
You can visit the anime’s website: http://date-a-live-anime.com/judgement/
Or follow their Twitter for more announcements: @date_a_info
Source Article – Crunchyroll
Source Image – Moca News
“Date A Live: Mayuri Judgement”, “Date A Live”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Koushi Tachibana, Tsunako, Fujimi Shobo, AIC PLUS+, Production IMS and Date A Live Production Committee