At the conclusion of the Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary stream today, the first footage of Digimon Adventure tri. has been revealed. The anime itself has been announced to be a series of 6 episodes releasing in Japanese theatres from November 21st this year. In addition, the cast members of the original Digi-destined in the upcoming anime and a new visual have also been unveiled.
The first footage of Digimon Adventure tri. has been released which has revealed lots of new information about the upcoming series. It has revealed that the anime will be released in Japanese cinemas and will run for a total of 6 episodes. The first episode will be titled Saikai (Reunion). An event will be held on August 1st which will have a special screening of the anime’s first episode, before being released in Japanese cinemas on November 21st this year.
Most importantly, the first footage of the anime has also been revealed:
Here is the English version of the new video:
The cast members of the 8 Digi-destined have also been revealed. The voice actors and actresses from the previous anime will not return and will instead include a new cast:
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) will voice lead character Taichi “Tai” Yagami
- Suzuko Mimori (Umi Sonoda in Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Sora Takenouchi
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) as Yamato “Matt” Ishida
- Mutsumi Tamura (Sonya from Kill Me Baby) is voicing Koushiro Izumi
- Hitomi Yoshida (Haru Miura from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!) will voice Mimi Tachikawa
- Junya Ikeda (Ataru Suruga in Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince) voices Jo Kido
- Junya Enoki (Shion Kiba from Cardfight!! Vanguard G) as Takeru Takaishi
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) will play Hikari Yagami
The main Digimon cast of the original Digimon Adventure anime and its sequel, Digimon Adventure 02, will be returning in Digimon Adventure tri. to voice their respective characters once again. They include:
- Chika Sakamoto (Kou Yaten from Sailor Moon: Super Stars) will return as Agumon
- Mayumi Yamaguchi (Forte Stollen in Galaxy Angel) will voice Gabumon
- Katori Shigematsu (Garudamon from Digimon X-Evolution) is back as Piyomon
- Junko Takeuchi (Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto) returning as Gomamon
- Kinoko Yamada (Jinko Komori in Itazura na Kiss) as Palmon
- Miwa Matsumoto (Akira Sukawara in Zettai Shounen) voices Patamon
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass) will be voicing Tentomon
- Yuka Tokumitsu (Rina Takashimizu from Futari wa Precure) voices Tailmon
The main staff members of Digimon Adventure tri. includes:
- Director: Keitaro Motonaga (Date A Live, Katanagatari)
- Anime Character Designer: Atsuya Uki (tsuritama, Cencoroll)
- Series Composer: Yuko Kakihara (Sora no Otoshimono, Persona 4: The Animation)
- Animation Studio: Toei Animation (Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece)
The anime will be set 6 years after the end of the original series, and 3 years after Digimon Adventure 02. The newly announced anime will be produced by Toei Animation (Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece) and follow 17 year old Tai who is currently in high school with Agumon. Toei Animation released the first teaser video about the new series:
Digimon (Digital Monsters in Japan) is a large multimedia franchise that was based on Bandai’s Digivice products, which first released in 1997. The toys were based on Tamagotchis, which were also produced by Bandai. The toys were seen as more female orientated products, so Bandai created a new line of products for a male equivalent. The first anime adaptation, Digimon Adventure, was produced in 1999 by Toei Animation. A film and TV anime were released alongside each other in 1999, the movie being a 20 minute anime produced by Mamoru Hosoda (Wolf Children, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time). Since then there has been numerous anime series, toys, figures, manga, video games and trading card games in the franchise. 2014 marked the 15th anniversary of Digimon Adventure with a new 6 episode anime film/OVA series anime titled Digimon Adventure tri. releasing in Japanese cinemas this November.
Digimon Adventure tri. will be a 6 part anime film series with the first episode releasing in Japan on November 21st this year. An advanced screening of the episode will be revealed at Digi-Festa on August 1st. Further information about the anime will be revealed soon.
“Digimon Adventure tri.”, “Digimon”, “Digimon Adventure”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Akiyoshi Hongo, Bandai and Toei Animation