The official website of the Etotama anime project has revealed that the series will be officially airing from April 9th in the upcoming season. Additionally, a brand new visual as well as the Opening and Ending themes of the anime were also revealed.
The Etotama anime will be airing from April 9th at 11:00pm JST on Tokyo MX, before being aired on the 11th on Sun TV at 10:00pm JST and finally on BS11 on the 12th at 1:00am JST.
The anime’s Opening theme will be the song Retry☆Rendezvous performed by Rie Murakawa in her character Nya~tan and the Ending theme will be blue moment sung by the anime’s main cast.
The main cast of the Etotama anime includes:
- Rie Murakawa (Hotaru Ichijou in Non Non Biyori) will voice the main character Nya-tan, the cat zodiac
- Eriko Matsui (Benio Yonomori in Mikakunin de Shinkoukei) voices Mo-tan, the cow zodiac
- Ari Ozawa (Chiyo Sakura in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) will voice the role of Uma-tan, the horse zodiac
- Yumiri Hanamori (First major role) will play Uri-tan, the boar zodiac
- Yuiko Tatsumi (Riko Suminoe from Kiss x Sis) will voice Shima-tan, the tiger zodiac
- Yuuka Aisaka (Kotone Noda in Sakura Trick) as Usa-tan, the rabbit zodiac
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) is voicing as Dora-tan, the dragon zodiac
- Mai Fuchigami (Miho Nishizumi from Girls und Panzer) voices Mei-tan, the sheep zodiac
- Megumi Toda (Yuzu Iizuka from Sakura Trick) will be voicing Kii-tan, the monkey zodiac
- Mikoi Sasaki (Hercule Barton from Tantei Opera Milky Holmes) is voicing Piyo-tan, the chicken zodiac
- Mariko Honda (Yuuko Aioi in Nichijou) as Inu-tan, the dog zodiac
- Hiro Shimono (Keima Katsuragi in The World God Only Knows) as Takeru Tendo, an Akihabara high school student
The anime’s staff were earlier revealed and includes:
- Concept & Setting Creators: Takashi Hoshi (Schäferhund) and Tooru Zekuu (Trinity x Venus)
- Director: Fumitoshi Oizaki (Acchi Kocchi, Romeo x Juliet)
- Series Composition: Deko Akao (Noragami, Arakawa Under the Bridge)
- Adult Character Designer: Akio Watanabe (The World God Only Knows, Bakemonogatari)
- Pretty Mode Character Designer: QP:flapper (Sora no Method, Lucky Chance!)
- Anime Pretty Mode Character Designer: Asami Takahashi (Doujins, First major role)
- Chief Animation Director and Anime Adult Character Designer: Satoshi Koike (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Sword of the Stranger Key Animator)
- Cgi Director: Daisuke Hirakawa (Rei Ryugazaki in Free!)
- Animation Studio: Shirogumi Inc. (Moyashimon, Antique Bakery)
The third promotional video of the anime was earlier released and introduces the main characters of the anime and the transformation sequence between their adult form and their pretty form.
The next video is entirely 3D CGI that also introduces the main characters and also the fighting scenes in the series.
Etotama is a new original anime series produced by Japanese animation studio Shirogumi Inc. and Japanese media producer Tablier Communications. A manga based on the series by Takashi Hoshi and Tooru Zekuu, and illustrated by Hiroma Hino (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai dj – Anti-Reaju Pandemic) was launched in January this year in Kadokawa’s Dengeki Daioh magazine. The first compiled volume of the manga will be releasing on November 26th.
Here is a synopsis of the series:
Nya-tan, the cat of Chinese astrology wants to become a member of the Chinese zodiac. Nya-tan is simple and suffers from memory loss, and she tries various foolish ways to become a member. She meets Takeru Tendo, a high school student who lives alone in Akihabara, and becomes a freeloader at his house. Little by little, she gets closer to her goal.
The Etotama anime will be airing from April 9th at 11:00pm JST on Tokyo MX during the Spring 2015 anime season. It will contain both 2D and 3D segments. More information about the anime will release soon.
You can visit the project’s website here: http://shirogumi-nmd.com/etotama/
And visit the anime’s website: http://etotama.com/
And follow them on Twitter: @etotama_anime
“Etotama”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Takashi Hoshi, Tooru Zekuu, Shirogumi Inc., Tablier Communications and Etotama Production Committee