The official website of anime adaptation of Yasuhiro Nightow’s Kekkai Sensen (Blood Blockade Battlefront) manga has announced that the 12th and final episode of the anime will be delayed. The reason is that the episode is longer than the allocated 30 minute slot, and will not be cut down for broadcast.
The final episode of the anime was scheduled to release this Sunday on July 5th on MBS, and on the 6th on Tokyo MX and BS11, but instead has been delayed indefinitely. The production committee of the anime has cited that the delay was due to the final episode being longer than the allocated 30 minute timeslot and that the anime’s staff will not cut down on the content. The final episode itself was delayed before to a broadcast of July 5th at 4:28am JST, but it would coincide with the first episode of Durarara!!x2 Ten on MBS.
A special program will be aired this weekend inplace of the final episode, airing on MBS on the 5th at 3:28am JST, on Tokyo MX on the 6th at 12:00am JST, and on BS11 at 12:20am JST.
The main cast of the Kekkai Sensen anime includes:
- Rikiya Koyama (Kiritsugu Emiya in Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night) is voicing the role of Klaus von Reinhertz
- Daisuke Sakaguchi (Shinpachi Shimura in Gintama) as Leonard Watch
- Kazuya Nakai (Roronoa Zoro from One Piece) will voice Zapp Renfro
- Yuu Kobayashi (Sasha Blouse from Attack on Titan) is voicing Chain Sumeragi
- Mitsuru Miyamoto (Maiza Avaro in Baccano!) voices Stephen A. Starphase
- Ai Orikasa (Ryouko Hakubi in Shin Tenchi Muyo!) voicing as K. K.
- Shinji Ogawa (Franz von Stresemann from Nodame Cantabile) as Gilbert F. Altstein
- Yuuma Uchida (Yuuma Kousaka in Gundam Build Fighters Try) will voice Sonic Speed Monkey
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) as Femt
The main staff of the anime includes:
- Director: Rie Matsumoto (Kyousogiga)
- Script Writer: Kazunao Furuya (Debut role)
- Anime Character Designer: Toshihiro Kawamoto (Cowboy Bebop, Gosick)
- Art Director: Shinji Kimura (Ao no Exorcist Movie, Steamboy)
- Animation Studio: BONES (Hitsugi no Chaika, Captain Earth)
Here is the anime’s latest promotional video:
Kekkai Sensen (Blood Blockade Battlefront) is a manga from Yasuhiro Nightow that began in 2008 as a one shot series. Nightow is most known for this other manga Trigun, which ended that year with Trigun Maximum, the series also had an anime adaptation in 1998. Kekkai Sensen was published in Shueisha’s Jump Square magazine, with a 3 part special releasing in 2009. Since then the manga became a regular series in 2010 instead being published in Shueisha’s Jump SQ.19 magazine. To date the series has a total of 10 compiled volumes.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
A breach between Earth and the netherworlds has opened up over the city of New York, trapping New Yorkers and creatures from other dimensions in an impenetrable bubble. They’ve lived together for years, in a world of crazy crime sci-fi sensibilities. Now someone is threatening to sever the bubble, and a group of stylish superhumans is working to keep it from happening.
The final episode of the Kekkai Sensen is still in production and will air in the near future on MBS, Tokyo MX and BS11. Further information about the episode will be revealed through their official channels.
Source Article – Kekkai Sensen Anime Website
“Kekkai Sensen”, “Blood Blockade Battlefront”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Yasuhiro Nightow, Bones Inc., Shueisha and the Kekkai Sensen Production Committee