One of the first anime to start off the season is the anime adaptation of Yuu Miyazaki and okiura’s Gakusen Toshi Asterisk (The Asterisk War: The Academy City on the Water) light novel series. The series will air every Saturday at 10:30pm JST. To prepare you for the first episode, the first visual, cast, staff and various promotional videos have been revealed.
The Gakusen Toshi Asterisk anime will begin its broadcast today and will air every Saturday at 8:30pm JST on Animax. The anime will also air on Tokyo MX, Tochigi TV and GTV at 11:30pm JST on Saturdays this season. It will also be streamed online on NicoNico, Gyao, Bandai Channel and PlayStation, among others.
The anime itself will be a split cour anime, airing over 2 seasons with a season break in between. The anime will air this Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season for 12 episodes and will return in the Spring 2016 anime season for the remaining 12 episodes, which begins in April.
The main cast of the anime has been revealed and includes:
- Atsushi Tamaru (Mochizou Ooji in Tamako Market) will voice Ayato Amagiri
- Ai Kakuma (Ruuko Kominato from Selector Infected WIXOSS) as Julis Alexia von Riessfelt
- Nao Touyama (Chitoge Kirisaki from Nisekoi) is voicing Claudia Enfield
- Shiori Izawa (Tanpopo Kuraishi in Witch Craft Works) will voice Saya Sasamiya
- Ari Ozawa (Chiyo Sakura in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) voices Kirin Todo
- Yuuma Uchida (Yuuma Kousaka in Gundam Build Fighters Try) voicing as Eishiro Yabuki
- Takanori Hoshino (Natsume Kagiya from Senkou no Night Raid) as Lester MacPhail
The production staff behind the anime consists of:
- Chief Director: Manabu Ono (Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei)
- Director: Kenji Seto (Saki Biyori, Weiß Survive R)
- Chief Animation Director and Anime Character Designer: Tetsuya Kawakami (Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin, Sword Art Online)
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama (Death Parade, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru.)
- Music Composer: Rasmus Faber (Rinne no Lagrange)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Aldnoah.Zero)
The Opening theme song of the anime will be Brand-new World sung by Shiena Nishizawa and the Ending theme is going to be Waiting for the rain by Maaya Sakamoto.
A total of 4 promotional videos have been released for the upcoming anime. All the videos preview scenes from the series and also the voice acting of the anime. It also previews the main Opening theme.
Here is the first English subtitled trailer:
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk (The Asterisk War: The Academy City on the Water) is a Sci-Fi, action harem light novel series written by Yuu Miyazaki with illustrations from okiura. The series began in 2012 being published under Media Factory’s MF Bunko J imprint, where a total of 8 volumes have been published to date. The series was also adapted into a manga in Monthly Comic Alive magazine, produced by Ningen. The series will also be adapted into a PlayStation Vita game.
Here is the synopsis of the series from MAL:
The Academy City on the water, Rikka (otherwise known as Asterisk) is the world’s largest stage for the integrated battle entertainment, “Star Wars Festival.” The young boys and girls of the “Starpulse Generation” belonging to the six academies made their wishes with Shining Armaments in their hands, vying for supremacy—Amagiri Ayato is one of them.
Ayato arrived at Rikka at the invitation of the Student Council President of the Seidoukan Academy, Claudia, and right after that he incurred the wrath of the “Petalblaze Witch” Julis, and ended up having to duel her.
The greatest academy battle entertainment, begins here!
The Gakusen Toshi Asterisk anime adaptation airs every Saturday at 8:30pm JST on Animax, during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. The anime will be a split cour series, airing 12 episodes this season and airing the final 12 episodes in the Spring 2016 season from April.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://asterisk-war.com/
And follow their Twitter: @asterisk_war
Source Article – Anime News Network
Source Article #2 – Anime News Network
“Gakusen Toshi Asterisk”, “The Asterisk War”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Yuu Miyazaki, okiura, Aniplex, A-1 Pictures, and the Asterisk Production Committee