The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Takumi Yanai and Daisuke Izuka’s Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri (Gate: The Self-Defense Forces Fight Like This in Another Land) light novel series has revealed that the anime will begin its broadcast from July 4th this Summer. In addition, a brand new visual and the first commercial of the anime were also revealed.
The Gate anime will premiere on Tokyo MX on Saturday, July 4th at 12:30am JST. The series will then air on MBS on the 8th at 2:30am JST, on TV Aichi an hour later at 3:35am JST, on the 11th at 12:30am JST on BS11, and on AT-X on the 12th at 12:30am JST. The anime will also be available online via Amazon Japan’s video services, Google Play, Niconico, PlayStation Video and more.
The first commercial of the anime was recently revealed online:
The main cast of the anime were earlier revealed and includes:
- Junichi Suwabe (Archer in Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works) will voice Youji Itami, an Otaku human who is also the leader of the Self-Defense Force troops
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury in Sailor Moon Crystal) as Tuka Luna Marso, a female Elf
- Nao Touyama (Chitoge Kirisaki from Nisekoi) as Lelei la Lelena, a human mage
- Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama from Kyoukai no Kanata) as Rory Mercury, a demigod serving Emroy
The supporting cast consists of:
- Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna in Sword Art Online) voicing as Pina Co Lada
- Yoko Hikasa (Rias Gremory in High School DXD) will voice Yao Haa Dushi
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) as Shino Kurebayashi
- Hiroki Yasumoto (Germany from Hetalia) voices Akira Tomita
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) joins to cast to voice Takeo Kurata
The first members of the anime’s staff were also revealed and consists of:
- Director: Takahiko Kyougoku (Love Live! School Idol Project Season 1 and Season 2)
- Series Composer: Tatsuhiko Urahata (Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon, Black Bullet)
- Anime Character Designer: Jun Nakai (Silver Spoon, Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou)
- Sound Director: Yukio Nagasaki (Love Live! School Idol Project, Ao Haru Ride)
- Music Composer: Yoshiaki Fujisawa (Love Live! School Idol Project, Akuma no Riddle)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Aldnoah.Zero)
The main theme songs of the anime were also revealed. The Opening theme will be Gate ~Sore wa Akatsuki no Yō ni~, performed by Kishida Kyoudan and the Akeboshi Rockets. The Ending theme will be Prism Communicate sung by voice by voice actresses Risa Taneda and Nao Touyama.
Here is the latest promotional video of the anime:
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri (Gate: The Self-Defense Forces Fight Like This in Another Land) is a fantasy, military action light novel series written by Takumi Yanai that was initially posted online on Arcadia between 2006 and 2009. The series was first published in 2010 being by AlphaPolis with illustrations by Daisuke Izuka for a total of 5 main volumes with three side story novels. It was reprinted in 2012 with illustrations by Kuroshishi with 10 volumes published to date. The series also received a manga adaptation in 2011 drawn by Satoru Sao that is also published by AlphaPolis, with 5 volumes published to date.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
In August of 20XX, a portal to a parallel world, known as the “Gate,” suddenly appeared in Ginza, Tokyo. Monsters and troops poured out of the portal, turning the shopping district into a bloody inferno.
The Japan Ground-Self Defence Force immediately took action and pushed the fantasy creatures back to the “Gate.” To facilitate negotiations and prepare for future fights, the JGSDF dispatched the Third Reconnaissance Team to the “Special Region” at the other side of the Gate.
Youji Itami, a JSDF officer as well as a 33-year-old otaku, was appointed as the leader of the Team. Amid attacks from enemy troops the team visited a variety of places and learnt a lot about the local culture and geography.
Thanks to their efforts in humanitarian relief, although with some difficulties they were gradually able to reach out to the locals. They even had a cute elf, a sorceress and a demigoddess in their circle of new friends. On the other hand, the major powers outside the Gate such as the United States,China and Russia were extremely interested in the abundant resources available in the Special Region. They began to exert diplomatic pressure over Japan.
A suddenly appearing portal to an unknown world—to the major powers it may be no more than a mere asset for toppling the international order. But to our protagonists it is an invaluable opportunity to broaden knowledge, friendship, and ultimately their perspective towards the world.
The Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri anime adaptation will be airing on Saturdays on Tokyo MX starting July 4th at 12:30am JST, throughout the Summer 2015 anime season. Additional information will be revealed in the upcoming days.
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Gate”, “Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri”, “Gate: The Self-Defense Forces Fight Like This in Another Land”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Takumi Yanai, Daisuke Izuka, Kuroshishi, AlphaPolis, A-1 Pictures and the Gate Production Committee