The official Youtube of the Ghost in the Shell series has uploaded a new video showcasing what the anime does best, the future – but it’s not too far off. This new video uses Youtube’s 360° Virtual Reality technology, which allows viewers to control a new unique experience, watching the assembly of Motoko Kusanagi. The trailer itself is to promote Production I.G.’s Virtual Reality Diver, following the release of Google Cardboard, a new virtual reality platform. Virtual Reality Diver is part of Production I.G.’s SIGN project and with many more similar and complex virtual reality videos to come.
For more information about Virtual Reality Diver visit: http://sign.site/koukaku_vr/en/
If you are on a smartphone, or have the latest version of Chrome or Firefox running watch it here – you can move your device or drag the video around to see the surroundings:
If not, here is the non 360°VR version:
Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie released in Japan earlier this July.
The main staff of the film includes:
- Chief Director and Anime Character Designer: Kazuchika Kise (Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Tansuwarashi)
- Director: Kazuya Nomura (Robotics;Notes, Sengoku Basara Two)
- Screenplay Writer: Tow Ubukata (Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Mardock Scramble)
- Chief Animation Director: Tooru Ookubo (Blood-C: The Last Dark, Sengoku Basara)
- Music Composer: Cornelius (Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Appleseed: Ex Machina)
- Animation Studio: Production I.G. (Psycho-Pass, Kuroko’s Basketball)
Here is the anime’s main visual: