The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Sei Hatsuno’s HaruChika novel series has revealed that the series will debut from Thursday, January 7th. In addition, a brand new promotional video was also revealed.
The anime’s website has revealed that the Haruchika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru anime will start airing on Thursday, January 7th at 1:35am JST on Tokyo MX. The anime will also air on Sun TV on the 7th at 2:00am JST. The series will then broadcst on Shizuoka BC on the 8th at 1:41am JST and on Kitanihon Broadcasting at 2:29am JST.
The second official promotional video of the anime has been revealed, introducing the mystery aspect of the series alongside the main characters. The video also previews the Opening theme song, Niji wo Ametara by fhana.
Here is the anime’s first PV:
New members of the anime’s cast has been revealed in conjunction with new updated character designs. The main cast currently has:
- Soma Saito (Adlet Mayer from Rokka no Yuusha) voicing Haruta Kamijou
- Sarah Emi Bridcutt (Asuka Kudou in Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?) voices Chika Homura
- Yuki Yamada (First Major Role) will voice Akari Gotou
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) as Kaiyuu Hiyama
- Seiichirou Yamashita (Takahiro Mizuno in Walkure Romanze) is going to voice Keisuke Katagiri
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) will play the role of Shinjirou Kusakabe
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (Haruka Nanase in Free!) as Maren Sei
- Haruka Chisuga (Tsugumi Harudori in Soul Eater Not!) voices Miyoko Narushima
- Asami Seto (Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru) is voicing Naoko Serizawa
The site has also revealed that there will be a pre-screening event on January 4th next year at 12:30pm JST at the Science Museum Exhibition Hall in Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo. The event will showcase the first two episodes of the series and features an appearance from the anime’s main cast who will host a talk sessions. There will also be a live performance of the anime’s Opening theme song.
The production staff of the HaruChika anime includes:
- Director: Masakazu Hashimoto (Soul Eater Not!, Tari Tari)
- Series Composer: Reiko Yoshida (Bakuman., K-ON!)
- Anime Character Designer: Asako Nishida (Love Live! School Idol Project, Vampire Knight)
- Chief Animation Director: Yurie Oohigashi (Another, Uchouten Kazoku)
- Sound Director: Satoki Lida (Angel Beats!, Assassination Classroom)
- Music Composer: Shiroh Hamaguchi (Shirobako, Girls und Panzer)
- Animation Studio: P.A. Works (Shirobako, Angel Beats!)
The Opening theme song of the anime will be Niji wo Ametara performed by fhana, and the Ending theme will be Kuso Triangle sung by ChouCho.
HaruChika is a mystery novel series written by Sei Hatsuno that began in 2008 published by Kadokawa. To date the series has a total of 4 volumes released with the 5th volume scheduled to release in the upcoming months.
Here is the series’ synopsis:
The original novels revolve around two high school students named Haruta and Chika, who are members of a wind instrument club that is on the verge of being shut down. The two are childhood friends, and they spend their days practicing hard while also trying to recruit new members. When a certain incident happens within their school, they work together to solve it.
The anime adaptation of HaruChika, HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru, will air from Thursday, January 7th next year on Tokyo MX at 1:35am JST, during the Winter 2015/2016 anime season. Further information about the series will be revealed in the upcoming weeks and at the pre-screening event.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://haruchika-anime.jp/
And follow their Twitter: @haruta_chika
“HaruChika”, “HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Sei Hatsuno, Kadokawa, P.A. Works and Haruchika Production Committee