The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Kazuma Kamachi and Nagi’s Heavy Object light novel series has revealed that the TV anime will begin its broadcast this October. In addition, new visuals, the main cast, staff and character designs have all been revealed.
Here is the second new visual revealed:
The Heavy Object anime adaptation will begin its broadcast this October during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. The series will air on Tokyo MX, MBS, TV Aichi, BS11, and AT-X.
The main cast of the series were revealed and now consists of:
- Eri Suzuki (Sanae Higashihongan in Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?) will voice the lead heroine Milinda Brantini
- Natsuki Hanae (Ken Kaneki in Tokyo Ghoul) voices as Quenser Barbotage
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) will voice Heivia Winchell
- Shizuka Itou (Akeno Himejima from High School DxD) voicing as Froleytia Capistranoy
A preview of the character designs in the upcoming anime were also revealed:
The first members of the main production staff for Heavy Object were also revealed and includes:
- Director: Takashi Watanabe (Freezing, Shakugan no Shana)
- Series Composer: Hiroyuki Yoshino (Accel World, Guilty Crown)
- Anime Character Designer: Atsuko Watanabe (Hanayamata, Tokyo Ravens)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun)
- Music Composer: Maiko Iuchi (Toaru Kagaku no Index, Dog Days)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Toaru Kagaku no Index, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
The Opening and Ending theme performers have also been revealed with ALL OFF and Kanto singing the themes respectively.
The first promotional video of the anime, which was revealed at the series’ announcement:
Heavy Object is a Science Fiction light novel series written by Kazuma Kamachi and illustrated by Nagi. The series was first published in 2009 in Kadokawa’s Dengeki Bunko imprint. To date a total of 9 volumes have been published. A manga adaptation of the series written by Kamachi and illustrated by Shinsuke Inue that ran from 2009 till mid 2011 in Kadokawa’s Dengeki Maoh magazine. A second manga adaptation, titled Heavy Objects S, from Sakae Saitou was serialized from 2012 to 2013 in the same magazine. The event also announced that a third manga adaptation of the series is currently underway.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Kwenser came to the Alaskan military base to study Objects, the new weapons that have completely revolutionized war as we know it—battles are fought by soldiers controlling Objects far away from harm; however, when he starts to get close to Object pilot Milinda, will he discover the grim truth behind Heavy Objects?
The Heavy Object anime adaptation will air this October during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season on Tokyo MX. Further information about the series will be revealed soon.
Source Article and Images – Heavy Object Anime Website
Source Article – Anime News Network
Source Article #2 – Anime News Network
“Heavy Object”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Kazuma Kamachi, Nagi, J.C. Staff, Dengeki and Project HO