The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Ayano Takeda and Nikki Asada’s Hibike! Euphonium (Sound! Euphonium) novel series has revealed that the series will be airing from April 7th at 24:30 on Tokyo MX, effectively airing on April 8 at 12:30am JST. The site has also revealed a brand new visual as well as the main theme songs and a new commercial for the anime.
The main theme songs of the upcoming anime were revealed. The Opening theme will be DREAM SOLISTER performed by female Japanese pop artist TRUE, who performed the OP for the Buddy Complex anime, and the Ending theme will be Tutti sung by the main cast of the anime: Tomoyo Kurosawa (Kumiko Oumae), Ayaka Asai (Hazuki Katou), Moe Toyota (Sapphire Kawashima) and Chika Anzai (Reina Kousaka). The two songs will go on sale on April 22 and May 13 respectively.
Additionally, a brand new commercial has been released online, which also reveals the air date:
Here is the previous main visual of the anime:
And the visual that was published in the latest issue of Nyantype magazine:Click on the image for the full resolution:
The anime’s main cast members were earlier revealed and includes:
- Tomoyo Kurosawa (Miria Akagi in The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls) will voice leading character Kumiko Oumae, who plays the Euphonium
- Ayaka Asai (Mio Naruse from Shinmai Maou no Testament) as Hazuki Katou, the Tuba player
- Chika Anzai (Chaika Travant in Hitsugi no Chaika) is voicing Reina Kousaka, the Trumpet player
- Moe Toyota (Sakura Inami in Kyoukai no Kanata) who will voice Sapphire Kawashima, who plays the Contrabass
- Minako Kotobuki (Tsumugi Kotobuki in K-ON!) will voice Asuka Tanaka, who plays the Euphonium
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) as Haruka Ogasawara, the Saxophone player
- Minori Chihara (Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) voices the role of Kaori Nakaseko, who plays the Trumpet
- Haruki Ishiya (Ayumu Kominato in Selector Infected WIXOSS) voices the role of Shuuichi Takamoto, the Trombone player
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) will voice Noboru Taki, the brass band club’s advisor
The anime’s website also revealed the anime’s Opening and Ending themes. The OP will be DREAM SOLISTER performed by the singer TRUE, and the ED will be Tutti, sung by the main voice actresses of the anime in character.
The main production staff of the anime includes:
- Director: Tatsuya Ishihara (Clannad, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Series Director: Naoko Yamada (K-ON!, Tamako Market)
- Series Composer: Jukki Hanada (Steins;Gate, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Anime Character Designer: Akiko Ikeda (K-ON! and Tokyo Ghoul Animator)
- Art Director: Mutsuo Shinohara (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Clannad)
- Color designer: Akiyo Takeda (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, K-ON!)
- Instrument Designer: Takahashi Hiroyuki (K-ON!)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (Clannad, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Music Composer: Akito Matsuda (GLASSLIP, Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park)
A new extended version of the anime’s first promotional video, which was first released at Comiket 87, was also earlier revealed.
Hibike! Euphonium: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso (Sound! Euphonium) is a music novel series written by Ayano Takeda and illustrated by Nikki Asada. The series began in December 2013 being published by Takarajimasha. To date the series only has one published novel.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Hibike! Euphonium begins when Kumiko Oumae, a girl who was in the brass band club in junior high school, visits her high school’s brass band club as a first year. Kumiko’s classmates Hazuki and Sapphire decide to join the club, but Kumiko sees her old classmate Reina there and hesitates. She remembers an incident she had with Reina at a brass band club contest in junior high school.
The Hibike! Euphonium anime will be airing from April 8 at 12:30am JST on Tokyo MX, during the Spring 2015 anime season. More information about the series will be revealed in the upcoming weeks at AnimeJapan.
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Hibike! Euphonium”, “Sound! Euphonium”, “Hibike! Euphonium: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Ayano Takeda, Takarajimasha, Kyoto Animation and the Hibike! Production Committee