The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Chuugaku Akamats, Kobuichi and Shogako Tachibana’s Hidan no Aria AA (Aria the Scarlet Ammo Double A) manga has revealed that the series will premiere on October 6th.
The Hidan no Aria AA anime will begin its broadcast on Tuesday, October 6 at 11:00pm JST on AT-X. The anime will then air on Tokyo MX, Sun TV and KBS Kyoto an hour and half later at 12:30am JST on Wednsday.
The first members of the anime’s main cast have been earlier revealed. The series itself is a spin-off series to the main manga and will feature both new characters and returning characters:
- Ayane Sakura (Gasper Vladi from High School DxD New) will voice Akari Mamiya
- Rie Kugimiya (Kagura in Gintama) returns to voice Aria H. Kanzaki
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) voices Shino Sasaki
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) as Raika Hino
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) is voicing as Kirin Shima
- Sarah Emi Bridcutt (Asuka Kudou in Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?) joins the cast to voice Urara Takachiho
The main staff members of the upcoming anime were also revealed. The staff includes:
- Director: Takashi Kawabata (Isshuukan Friends. and Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Fumihiko Shimo (Clannad, Golden Time)
- Anime Character Designer: Miwa Oshima (Saiunkoku Monogatari, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu)
- Chief Animation Directors: Chisato Kikunaga (Yuru Yuri, Kantai Collection -Kan Colle-) and Mariko Kubo (GJ Club, Yuru Yuri)
- Music Composer: Takuro Iga (Debut Role)
- Animation Studio: Dogakobo (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, GJ-bu)
The Opening theme will be the song Bull’s Eye performed by Nano. The Ending theme song will be Pulse sung by Ayane Sakura and Rie Kugimiya.
Here is the anime’s first promotional video, which also announce the cast:
Hidan no Aria (Aria the Scarlet Ammo) is a light novel series written by Chuugaku Akamatsu with illustrations from Kobuichi. The series began in Media Factory’s MF Bunko J in August 2008. To date there are 16 volumes with the 17th volume releasing on the 28th, and the series has sold over 5 million copies. A manga adaptation began serialization in 2009 by Yoshino Koyoka. An anime adaptation aired from April 2011 till June that year, and was animated by J.C.Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo). An OVA followed the series in December 2011. A spin-off manga, titled Hidan no Aria AA, illustrated by Shogako Tachibana began serialisation in 2010 under Square Enix’s Young Gangan magazine, where 8 volumes have been released.
Here is the synopsis of Hidan no Aria AA:
The story revolves around Akari Mamiya, a first-year E-rank student at Tokyo Butei High School who aims to become a Butei and idolizes her S-rank upperclassman Aria H. Kanzaki. The high school has an “Amica” system where one upperclassman is paired with one underclassmen for training, and the manga follows Akari as she strives to get Aria to become her Amica.
The Hidan no Aria AA anime will begin its broadcast on Tuesdays from October 6 on AT-X at 11:00pm JST, during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed soon.
“Hidan no Aria AA”, “Aria the Scarlet Ammo Double A”, “Hidan no Aria”, “Aria the Scarlet Ammo”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Chuugaku Akamatsu, Kobuichi, Media Factory, Dogakobo, ProjectAA