The official website of the anime adaptation of Jun Misaki and Nekosuke Okuma’s Hundred light novel series has open and revealed that the upcoming series will air in April 2016. In addition, the first visual, new promotional video and main staff were also revealed.
The first promotional video of the upcoming anime was revealed, introducing the main characters of the series and previewing its action scenes.
The first members of the anime’s production staff were announced and includes:
- Director: Tomoki Kobayashi (Akame ga Kill!, Rozen Maiden)
- Series Composer: Hideki Shirane (Date A Live, DanMachi)
- Anime Character Designer: Norie Tanaka (Absolute Duo and M3 – Sono Kuroki Hagane Animation Director)
- Animation Studio: Production IMS (Date A Live, Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha.)
The main cast of the upcoming anime will return from the Drama CD, which was released in August this year. The leading cast members include:
- Yoshiaki Hasegawa (First Major Role) will voice Hayato Kisaragi
- Rumi Okubo (Chinatsu Yoshikawa from Yuru Yuri) voices the role of Emil Crossford
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) is voicing Claire Harvey
- Rika Kinugawa (Debut Role) as Liddy Steinberg
- Yui Makino (Misaki Nakahara from Welcome to the NHK) will be voicing Erica Candle
- Yuka Ootsubo (Kyouko Toshinou in Yuru Yuri) will voice Latia Saint-Emilion
The supporting cast includes:
- Kaya Okuno (Kaya Kikuma in Wake Up, Girls!) voices as Karen Kisaragi
- Mayu Yoshioka (Mayu Shimada in Wake Up, Girls!) voices Sakura Kirishima
- Wataru Hatano (Gajeel Redfox from Fairy Tail) as Fritz Granz
- Miyu Matsuki (Cthuko in Haiyore! Nyaruko-San) is voicing Charlotte Dimandias
- Ayaka Imamura (Miyabi Hotaka from Absolute Duo) will be voicing Meimei
Hundred is a sci-fi, action, harem light novel series written by Jun Misaki with illustrations by Nekosuke Okuma. The series debuted in 2012 under SB Creative’s GA Bunko imprint, where a total of 7 volumes have been released to date. A manga adaptation of the series was produced by SASAYUKi that ran from 2013 till 2014 in Kadokawa’s Monthly Dragon Age magazine. A Drama CD adaptation will be produced and released as a bundle with the light novel’s 8th volume, scheduled to be released on August 15.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
“Hundred”—that is the only weapon that can oppose the mysterious life form “Savage” from visiting the earth.
Kirasagi Hayato aims to become a Martial Arts Master using this Hundred. He managed to get into the battleship university Little Garden.
“I wanted to see you, Hayato!!!”
“H-How do you know my name?”
Around the roommate, Emil Crossford, who somehow knows him well (?), Hayato gets an uneasy feeling.
What’s more, just after the entrance ceremony, he gets asked for a duel by the campus’ strongest martial arts master “Queen” Claire Harvey…!?
The ultimate academy battle begins here!
The anime adaptation of the Hundred light novel series will broadcast in April next year, during the Spring 2016 anime season. Further information about the series will be revealed in the upcoming months.
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Hundred”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Jun Misaki, Nekosuke Okuma, Production IMS and SB Creative