Japanese light novel imprint Kadokawa’s Sneaker Bunko has announced that a TV anime adaptation of Natsume Akatsuki and Kurone Mishima’s Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!) light novel series is in production. The anime’s website has launched that has revealed that the anime starts from January 14th next year, in addition to the reveal of the cast, staff, visuals and promotional video.
The Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! anime will start its broadcast from Thursday January 14th at 1:05am JST on Tokyo MX, airing every week in that timeslot. The series will also air on Sun TV at 1:30am JST. The anime will also air on Chiba TV and TVK at 1:00am JST on the following day, with a TV Saitama and Mie TV broadcast with the hour.
The website also has 2 additional visuals:
The main cast of the anime has been revealed and includes:
- Jun Fukushima (Yoshihisa Manabe Kotoura-san) will voice Kazuma Satou
- Sora Amamiya (Miia from Monster Musume) voicing as Aqua
- Rie Takahashi (Akane Uchida in Shirobako) as Megumin
- Ai Kayano (Menma in AnoHana) voices Raratina Dustiness Ford
- Sayuri Hara (Mio Honda in The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) will play the role of Luna
- Tetsu Inada (Ira Gamagoori from Kill la Kill) voices a Ruffian
- Ayaka Suwa (Tokaku Azuma in Akuma no Riddle) as Chris
- Hiroki Yasumoto (Germany from Hetalia) is going to voice Beldia Dullahan
- Takuya Eguchi (Kazuya Kujou in Gosick) will be voicing the role of Kyouya Mitsurugi
- Yui Horie (Tsubasa Hanekawa from Bakemonogatari) is voicing Wiz
The production staff of the anime has:
- Director: Takaomi Kanasaki (Tokyo Ravens, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
- Series Composer: Makoto Uezu (School Days, Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru)
- Anime Character Designer: Koichi Kikuta (Seitokai Yakuindomo and Robotics;Notes Animation Director)
- Art Director: Masakazu Miyake (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Kamisama Dolls)
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami (Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online)
- Animation Studio: Studio Deen (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Rurouni Kenshin)
Japanese pop singer Machico will perform the anime’s Opening theme song fantastic dreamer with voice actresses Sora Amamiya, Rie Takahashi and Ai Kayano singing the Ending theme song Chiisana Boukensha in character.
Here is the first promotional video for Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!:
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!) is a fantasy adventure light novel series written by Natsume Akatsuki and illustrated by Kurone Mishima. The series began in October 2013 being published under Kadokawa Shoten’s Sneaker Bunko imprint, where a total of 7 volumes have been produced to date. A spin-off light novel series titled Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen o! is also being produced alongside the parent novel, with 3 volumes to date. A manga adaptation is currently being serialized in Fujimi Shobo’s Monthly Dragon Age magazine.
Here is the series’ synopsis from MAL:
The life of Satou Kazuma, a hikikomori who likes games, all too soon came to an end because of a traffic accident… It was supposed to, but when he woke up, a beautiful girl who called herself a goddess was in front of his eyes.
“Hey, I have got something a little nice for you. Wanna go to another world? You can take only one thing of your choice along with you.”
“…then I’ll take you.”
From here on, the great adventure of subjugating the Demon King will begin for the reincarnated Kazuma… Or so one would think, but it’s the labor for obtaining food, clothing and shelter that begins! Despite Kazuma wanting to live in peace, the goddess keeps causing problems one after another, and eventually, they attract the attention of the Demon King’s army!?
The Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! anime is being produced and will air from Thursday January 14th at 1:05am JST on Tokyo MX. Additional information about the anime will be revealed very soon.
Source Article – Anime News Network
Source Article #2 – Anime News Network
“Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!”, “Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Natsume Akatsuki, Kurone Mishima, Kadokawa, and the Kono Suba Production Committee