The official website of the anime adaptation of Yuu Moroboshi and Mikihiro Amami’s Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan (Sky Wizards Academy) light novel series has revealed that the series will begin its broadcast from July 9th. Additionally, the site has also revealed a new visual, character designs and promotional videos for the anime.
The Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan anime will begin its broadcast on Thursday, July 9th at 12:30am JST on Tokyo MX. The anime will also air on Sun TV at 1:30am JST and on TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting at 2:35am JST. It will then show on the 10th on Chiba TV and TVK at 1:00am JST, on Saitama TV at 1:05am JST, and on the 11th on BS11 at 3:00am JST.
The anime’s website has revealed the first set of character designs for the main cast of the anime:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito from Sword Art Online) will be voicing Kanata Age
- Nozomi Yamamoto (Yukimura Kusunoki in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) as Misora Whitale
- Nao Touyama (Kanon Nakagawa in The World God Only Knows) voices Lecty Eisenbach
- Iori Nomizu (Haruna in Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?) is voicing the role of Rico Flamel
- Saeko Zougou (Chaika Bohdan in Hitsugi no Chaika)is voicing Flonne Flamel
- Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama from Kyoukai no Kanata) as Yuri Flostre
- Kaori Sadohara (SG550 in Upotte!!) is voicing Chloe Zeveni
- Tetsuya Kakihara (Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail) will voice Lloyd Allwin
A brand new promotional video for the anime has been revealed, which introduces the main characters of the series and previews the Opening theme: D.O.B. by Iori Nomizu. The Ending theme will be Hallelujah performed by la la larks.
A series of other PVs have also been revealed focusing on main female characters:
The main staff of the anime was also revealed and consists of:
- Director: Takayuki Inagaki (Kiniro Mosaic, Grisaia no Kajitsu)
- Series Composer: Hiroshi Yamaguchi (Rosario + Vampire, Gingitsune)
- Anime Character Designer: Osamu Horiuchi (Full Metal Panic!, Hayate no Gotoku!)
- Animation Studio: Diomedea (Shinryaku! Ika Musume, Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?)
Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan (Sky Wizards Academy) is a magical action light novel series written by Yuu Moroboshi and illustrated by Mikihiro Amami. The series began in mid 2013 being published by Kadokawa’s Fujimi Shobo imprint. To date a total of 6 volumes have been compiled and released in Japan. A manga adaptation of the series began last year in Media Factory’s Monthly Comic Alive magazine.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
The story is set in a world where humanity, driven off the land by the threat of magical armored insects, now live in aerial floating cities. Thus wizards—aerial combat mages who fight the insects with magical powers—came into being.
Kanata Age is a young man who lives on the floating wizard academy city of “Misutogan.” He was once celebrated as the “Black Master Swordsman,” the elite ace of the S128 special team; however, he is now despised as the “traitor of the special team.” One day, he is assigned as the instructor of E601, a team that has suffered ten consecutive defeats. E601 has three girls—Misora Whitale, Lecty Eisenach, and Rico Flamel—with one or two peculiar quirks.
The Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan anime will start airing from Thursday, July 9th at 12:30am JST, during the Summer 2015 anime season. Further information may be revealed very soon.
“Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan”, “Sky Wizards Academy”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Yuu Moroboshi, Mikihiro Amami, Media Factory and Diomedea