The official website of the anime adaptation of Nagomu Torii and Tomoyo Kamoi’s Kyoukai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary) light novel series has revealed the first details about the Blu-ray release of the series’ sequel film, Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here – Mirai-hen. The BD itself will release on October 7th; here is the cover visual:
The Blu-ray and DVD release for the Kyoukai no Kanata sequel film will be out in Japan on October 7th, for ¥7,400 (~ US$60.80) and ¥6,600 (~ US$54.25), respectively without tax. Early orders for the releases will come with a special three way case, an all colour special booklet, two postcards, and a small piece of the notes from director Ishidate Taichi. All copies will also contain:
- A special greeting video
- All the commercials and promotional videos
- Commentary from the staff and cast
Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here – Mirai-hen is the second film in Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here that was released on April 25th, and is a direct sequel to the 2012 anime series. The first film, subtitled Kako-hen (The Past), is a compilation film of the entire TV anime series remastered for cinema that was released on March 15th.
The main cast was returns to reprise their roles:
- Risa Taneda (Aya Komichi in Kiniro Mosaic) will reprise her role as Mirai Kuriyama
- KENN (Hibito Nanba from Uchuu Kyoudai) will return as Akihito Kanbara
- Minori Chihara (Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) back as Mitsuki Nase
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Makoto Tachibana in Free!) returning as Hiroomi Nase
- Ayako Kawasumi (Saber from Fate/stay night) back as Izumi Nase
- Masaya Matsukaze (Yasunori Kuroki in Nodame Cantabile) will voice Miroku Fujima
- Akeno Watanabe (Rito Yuuki from To LOVE-Ru) as Shizuku Ninomiya
The main staff members will also be returning for the movies:
- Director: Taichi Ishidate (Kyoukai no Kanata, Nichijou Assistant Director)
- Script Writer and Series Composer: Jukki Hanada (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Love Live! School idol project)
- Anime Character Designer: Miku Kadowaki (Kyoukai no Kanata, Amagi Brilliant Park)
- Music Composer: Hikaru Nanase (Infinite Stratos, Galaxy Angel)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Free!)
Here is the latest promotional video for Mirai-hen:
Kyoukai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary) is a light novel series written by Nagomu Torii and illustrated by Tomoyo Kamoi. The series was first an entry in Kyoto Animation’s Award program in 2011, where it received an honourable mention. The series began being published in 2012 in Kyoto Animation’s KA Esma Bunko imprint. To date there has been a total of 3 volumes published. The series received a TV anime adaptation from Kyoto Animation (K-ON!, Free!) in Fall/Spring 2013, which was directed by Taichi Ishidate (first director role). A few OVAs and a website series were also released following the TV anime, with the prequel OVA out last year.
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
The dark fantasy follows a high school sophomore named Akihito Kanbara. Although the boy appears human, he is half youmu and invulnerable to wounds because he can heal quickly. One day, Akihito meets freshman Mirai Kuriyama when it seems she is about to jump from the school rooftop. Mirai is isolated because of her ability to manipulate blood, which is unique even among members of the spirit world. Disturbing events begin to unfold after Akihito saves Mirai.
The Blu-ray and DVD release of Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here – Mirai-hen will release in Japan on October 7th for ¥7,400 (~ US$60.80) and ¥6,600 (~ US$54.25) without tax respectively.
“Kyoukai no Kanata”, “Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here”, “Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here- Kako-hen”, “Kyoukai no Kanata: I’ll Be Here – Mirai-ken”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Nagomu Torii, Tomoyo Kamoi, Kyoto Animation and Kyoukai no Kanata Production Committee