The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Last Note and Akina’s Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku (Mikagura School Suite) light novel series has revealed that the series will be airing from April 7 at 2:35 am JST on TVA. Additionally, a brand new visual has been revealed as well as additional cast members, character designs and a new commercial.
The first set of character designs have been revealed for the upcoming anime. For the main cast, which were earlier revealed, they include:
- Juri Kimura (Aoi Miyamori from Shirobako) will voice Eruna Ichinomiya
- Ari Ozawa (Chiyo Sakura in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) is voicing Otone Fujishiro
- Ayaka Suwa (Tokaku Azuma from Akuma no Riddle) voices Himi Yasaka
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (Haruka Nanase in Free!) as Shigure Ninomiya
- Saori Oonishi (La Folia Rihavein in Strike the Blood) will voice the role of Seisa Mikagura
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online’) is playing as Bimii
Additional members of the anime’s cast and character designs were also revealed, and will be joining the main cast:
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) will voice Yuuto Akama
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) joins the cast as Kyouma Kuzuryu
- Makoto Furukawa (Banri Tada from Golden Time) is voicing Sadamatsu Minatogawa
- Ai Kakuma (Ruuko Kominato from Selector Infected WIXOSS) as Asuhi Imizu
The first commercial for the Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku anime was also revealed, which also previews the anime’s Opening theme Hokago Kakumei performed by the Hokago Rakuenbu:
The main staff of the anime was earlier revealed and consists of:
- Director: Tarou Iwasaki (Isshuukan Friends., Yakushiji Ryouko no Kaiki Jikenbo)
- Series Composer: Masahiro Yokotani (Free!, Hataraku Maou-sama!)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Manamu Amazaki (Tari Tari, Daily Lives of High School Boys)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (AnoHana, Aldnoah.Zero)
- Music Composer: Yoshiaki Fujisawa (Love Live! School Idol Project, Akuma no Riddle)
- Animation Studio: Dogakobo (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, GJ-bu)
Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku (Mikagura School Suite) is a series of light novels written by Last Note and illustrated by Akina. The series is based on the various Vocaloid series of songs created by Last Note and Akina in late 2012. The light novel series began in mid 2013 being published by Media Factory’s MF Bunko J imprint, where to date a total of 5 volumes have been released. A manga adaptation of the series began later in the year being produced by Sayuki, with the manga published in Media Factory’s Monthly Comic Gene magazine.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
The series revolves around high school girl Eruna Ichinomiya, who enters the Mikagura Academy dreaming of a boarding school life filled with beauty. However, Eruna finds out that in the culture clubs, there is a rule that battles that are fought with special powers decide a club representative’s treatment. Through various circumstances, Eruna becomes a representative of a club, and is thrown into the fray.
The Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku anime will be airing from April 7 at 2:35am JST on TVA during the Spring 2015 Anime Season. More information about the series will be revealed in the upcoming days.
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku”, “Mikagura School Suite”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Last Note, Akina, Media Factory, Dogakobo and Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku Production Committee