During the recent GungHo Festival 2015, Japanese developer and publisher GungHo Online Entertainment have announced with Acquire that their Divine Gate mobile game will be adapted into a TV anime this upcoming January. The anime’s official website is now live and has revealed the first visual, cast, staff, character designs and promotional video.
The main cast of the upcoming anime has been revealed. The anime itself will follow the main characters of the game, that includes:
- Tetsuya Kakihara (Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail) will voice Akane
- Soma Saito (Adlet Mayer from Rokka no Yuusha) voices Aoto
- Kanae Itou (Ruiko Saten from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun) is voicing Midori
- Ayana Taketatsu (Suguha Kirigaya from Sword Art Online) as Hikari
- Sora Amamiya (Miia in Monster Musume) will voice Yukari
- Hiroyuki Yoshino (Allelujah Haptism in Mobile Suit Gundam 00) is voicing the role of Ginji
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) will voice Arthur
- Ami Koshimizu (Ryuuko Matoi from Kill la Kill) as Ifrit
- Mai Fuchigami (Miho Nishizumi from Girls und Panzer) voices Undine
- Kana Asumi (Nyaruko in Haiyore! Nyaruko-san) will be voicing Sylph
- Yuri Yoshida (Mashiro Mitsumine in Mikakunin de Shinkoukei) will voice Metabon
- Kousuke Toriumi (Shunsuke Imaizumi from Yowamushi Pedal) is voicing the role of Lancelot
- Akira Ishida (Kotaro Katsura in Gintama) as Oz
- Kouji Yusa (Kyousuke Hyoubu from Zettai Karen Children) voices Loki
The leading members of the anime’s production staff include:
- Director: Noriyuki Abe (Bleach, Black Butler: Book of Circus)
- Series Composer: Natsuko Takahashi (Ore Monogatari!!, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0)
- Anime Character Designer: Ichiro Uno (Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii, The Last: Naruto The Movie Animation Director)
- Music Composer: Takumi Ozawa (Aria the Scarlet Ammo, Ookami Kakushi)
- Animation Studio: Studio Pierrot (Tokyo Ghoul, Naruto)
The first promotional video for the anime was also released:
Divine Gate is a free to play mobile RPG developed by Acquire and published by GungHo Online Entertainment for iOS and Android devices. The game first launched in September 2003 and has over 4 Million downloads to date. The game itself has had many crossover promotions with various anime, including Steins;Gate, Fairy Tail, and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works. In the game players choose their units and maneuver around dungeons via panels. Players will battle monsters and bosses also via a panel system.
Here is the synopsis of the series from MAL:
When the Divine Gate opened, the living world, the heavens, and the underworld became connected, ushering an era of chaos where desires and conflict intersect. To restore order, the World Council is formed. As peace is restored, the Divine Gate becomes an urban legend.
In that world, boys and girls deemed fit by the World Council are gathered. They are ones who aim to reach the gate for their personal objectives. Those who reach the gate can remake the world.
What lies beyond the gate? When they reach the door, will the world change? Will it be the past that changes, or will it be the future?
The Divine Gate anime will begin its broadcast from January next year during the Winter 2015/2016 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed at a later date.
You can visit the game’s website here: http://divine.gungho.jp/
Visit the anime’s website: http://www.marv.jp/special/divinegate/
And follow their Twitter: @divine_anime
Source Article and Images – Moca News
Source Article – Anime News Network
Source Article #2 – Anime News Network
“Divine Gate”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Acquire, GungHo Online Entertainment, Studio Pierrot, and the Divine Gate World Council