The official website of the anime adaptation of Adachitoka’s Noragami manga has announced two new cast members that will be appearing in the upcoming second season, Noragami Aragoto. The site has also revealed new character designs for the returning cast.
The anime’s website has revealed two new cast members that will be debuting in the upcoming second season of the anime. They include:
- Hisako Tojo (Albertina II in Himegoto) joins the cast to voice Aiha
- Takanori Hoshino (Natsume Kagiya from Senkou no Night Raid) will voice Kugaha
It was earlier revealed that the main cast from the anime’s first season will return in the second. New character designs were also revealed for them:
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Levi from Attack on Titan) returns as Yato
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) will be back to voice Hiyori Iki
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) as Yukine
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Shino Asada in Sword Art Online II) voices Bishamon
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge in Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) will voice Kazuma
- Kazuhiko Inoue (Kakashi Hatake from Naruto) is back as Kuraha
- Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) is voicing Kofuku
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) returning to voice Daikoku
- Tooru Ohkawa (Toshio Ozaki from Shiki) as Tenjin
- Rie Kugimiya (Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood) will voice Nora
The main members of the anime’s staff will also return:
- Director: Kotaro Tamura (Noragami, Wolf Children Assistant Director)
- Series Composer: Deko Akao (Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream, Arakawa Under the Bridge)
- Anime Character Designer: Toshihiro Kawamoto (Cowboy Bebop, Wolf’s Rain)
- Animation Studio: Bones (Hitsugi no Chaika, Cowboy Bebop)
Here is the announcement video of the second season:
It was previously revealed that there will be a special event being held for Noragami Aragoto. The event will be held on August 8th at the Hibiya Public Hall and will host two sessions, one at 12:30pm JST till 1:30pm JST and the other from 4:30pm JST till 5:30pm JST. There will be a talk session with the main cast who will discuss plans about the upcoming anime, as well as a drama reading. Cast members Hiroshi Kamiya (Yato), Maaya Uchida (Hiyori Iki), Yuuki Kaji (Yukine), Miyuki Sawashiro (Bishamon), Jun Fukuyama (Kazuma), Aki Toyosaki (Kofuku) and Kazuhiko Inoue (Kuraha) will be in attendance. Tickets for the event are now open and costs ¥6,800 (~ $58.10 USD) where you can purchase them here: http://l-tike.com/noragami-argthp/
Noragami is a fantasy manga written and illustrated by Adachitoka. The series began in late 2010 being published in Kodansha’s Monthly Shonen Magazine where a total of 12 main volumes have been compiled and published. The series received a Drama CD adaptation with the 9th volume in late 2013. An anime adaptation of Noragami was produced in 2014 for a total of 12 episodes, being directed by Kotaro Tamura (Wolf Children Assistant Director) and produced by Bones (Hitsugi no Chaika, Cowboy Bebop).
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Yato is a minor deity who lacks even a single shrine. In order to build his own shrine and gain recognition as a god, he scrawls his cell number on the wall of a downtown bathroom telling people he will help them in exchange for a 5-yen offering, becoming a self-styled “delivery god.” Hiyori, the daughter of a respectable family, is almost killed in a traffic accident, but is rescued by Yato. This causes her to become a “hanyou,” a person who can exit her body in soul form. She chases Yato down, and they begin to work together to help Yato be recognized. Yato also finds a boy named Yukine who becomes a Regalia, a “sacred treasure” that can be used by a god as a weapon to fight. The three of them battle phantoms who bring harm to humans as Yato’s dark hidden history is gradually revealed.
The second season of the Noragami anime, Noragami Aragoto, will air this October during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. Additional information about the anime will be revealed at the upcoming months.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://noragami-anime.net/
And follow them on Twitter: @noragami_PR
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Noragami”, images, and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Adachitoka, Kodansha, Bones and the Noragami Production Committee