The newest issue of Newtype magazine has revealed a brand new visual for the upcoming Charlotte anime. In addition, the anime’s website has announced that there will be a special broadcast of the anime before its July debut.
Click on the image for full resolution
The website has revealed that there will be a special broadcast before the anime airs this July. The broadcast, titled Charlotte ~A New Fate~ Special Pre-Broadcast, will chronicle the production of Jun Maeda’s upcoming anime. It will introduce the basic story and introduce the main characters of Charlotte. There will also be messages from the cast and staff, and a look at the behind the scenes. It will air on MBS on Sunday, June 21st at 3:58am JST, on Tokyo MX on the 27th at 12:30am JST, and on Monday the 29th at 12:30am JST.
Charlotte will begins its full broadcast his July on various Japanese television stations, including Tokyo MX TV, tvk, MBS, BS 11, and other channels.
The members of the anime’s main cast has been revealed, and includes:
- Ayane Sakura (Gasper Vladi from High School DxD New) voices Nao Tomori, the hard working, narcissist first year student who is also the president of the student council. She has the ability to remove herself from the vision of one person at a time. She studies very hard and has issues with problematic students.
- Kouki Uchiyama (Raku Ichijou in Nisekoi) as Yuu Otosaka, a rude first year student with the ability to hijack the bodies of others for five seconds. Uses the ability to memorize test answers of better students. He is an idiot and is also bad at studying. He usually behaves as if he were smart, but he is actually a chronic cheater. Once he makes friends with somebody, they notice that he is an idiot.
- Takahiro Mizushima (Takamatsu from Angel Beats!) will be voicing Joujirou Takajou, he can move at such high speeds that he looks like he’s teleporting. However, he cannot totally able to control where he stops, so he has to wear protective gear under his school uniform to prevent injury.
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) is voicing Yusa Nishimori, the lead vocalist for the band How-Low-Hello and a medium able to speak to the dead. She uncontrollably channels her deceased elder sister. When this occurs her appearance changes, such as her eye color from blue to red.
- Maaya Uchida will also voice Misa, Yusa’s elder sister
- Momo Asakura (Sumi Otokawa from Sakura Trick) voices Ayumi Otosaka
The previous issue of Dengeki G’s magazine has also revealed a visual of the upcoming anime:
The anime’s website has revealed that music producers Anant-Garde Eyes will be producing the music of the anime, alongside music composer Jun Maeda. The group itself is well known for the production of the music of Angel Beats! and Mekakucity Actors. They have also arranged the theme songs for the Ending themes of both anime, as well as the OP of Clannad: After Story.
They will join the staff of the anime, which includes:
- Director: Yoshiyuki Asai (Ah! My Goddess and Soul Eater Episode Director)
- Anime Character Designer: Kanami Sekiguchi (Shirobako, Tari Tari)
- Original Character Designer: Na-Ga (Clannad, Angel Beats!)
- Art Director: Kazuki Higashiji (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara)
- Sound Director: Satoki Iida (Angel Beats!, Assassination Classroom)
- Music Composer and Screenplay Writer: Jun Maeda (Angel Beats!, Clannad)
- Music Producers: Anant-Garde Eyes (Angel Beats!, Mekakucity Actors)
- Animation Studio: P.A. Works (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara)
The performers of the anime’s main theme songs has been revealed. Lia will be performing the Opening theme Bravely You and Aoi Tada will be singing the anime’s Ending song Yake Ochinai Tsubasa, both who also performed the theme songs for Angel Beats!.
Here is the latest promotional video of Charlotte:
And the newest commercial:
The previous issue of Dengeki G’s magazine has revealed the first details of the anime in an interview with Jun Maeda.
- He describes the plot of the anime as a typical Key story. He further compares the series to Angel Beats! where that series was unable to flesh out all the characters. This series will be different as their main focus will be on the characters.
- The main characters of the series will revolve around the student council, where one of them are in a band. There will be two stage performances by the band.
- The anime’s Opening and Ending themes, and the insert songs, will be written and composed by Jun Maeda (Angel Beats! Music & Creator, Clannad Music and Writer).
- The genre of the songs will be rock focusing on women vocals where the voice actresses will be singing.
- The first half of the anime will be more slow paced than Angel Beats! before picking up speed for the second half
The anime’s website has also revealed the synopsis of the story of Charlotte:
Set in a word in which a small percent of children manifest super powers upon reaching puberty, the series follows the Nouryokusha mono, power bearer, members of the “Hoshi No Umi” Academy student council as they help peers with problems arising from their abilities.
The special early broadcast of Charlotte will air on MBS on the 21st at 3:58am JST. The anime will then start airing in July on Tokyo MX during the Summer 2015 anime season. More information about the anime will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
Source Image – Yandere
“Charlotte”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Jun Maeda, Aniplex, Key, P.A. Works, Dengeki G’s Magazine and the Charlotte Project