A brand new visual for the upcoming April anime adaptation of Yasuda’s DanMachi/Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka? (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?) light novel series has been released in the latest issue of Gigazine and Animate TV’s Anime Guide.Click on the image for the full resolution
The new visual was released in the Anime Winter 2014 Guide produced by Gigazine and Animate TV, which was handed out for free at Comiket 87.
The main cast of the anime was revealed beforehand and are as follows:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito from Sword Art Online) voices the lead character Bell Cranel
- Inori Minase (Chino Kafuu in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) voicing as Hestia
- Saori Oonishi (La Folia Rihavein in Strike the Blood) will voice Ais Warenstein
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) will be voicing Liliruca Ahde
- Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna in Sword Art Online) voices Eina Tulle
- Shizuka Ishigami (Ellis Fahrengart in Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance) is voicing Syr Flover
The staff that will be producing the anime were also earlier revealed and includes:
- Director: Yoshiki Yamakawa (Little Busters!, Kill Me Baby)
- Series Composer: Hideki Shirane (Date A Live, Hayate no Gotoku!)
- Anime Character Designer: Shigeki Kimoto (Sky Girls Sub Character Designer, Toaru Majutsu no Index Animation Director)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
The first promotional video for the DanMachi anime was released at Comiket 87, which introduces the series’ world and main characters.
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka? (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?) is a light novel series written by Fujino Oomori and illustrated by Suzuhito Yasuda. The series began in 2013 under SB Creative’s GA Bunko light novel imprint. To date a total of 5 compiled volumes have been published and have collectively sold over 500,000 copies in Japan. A total of three manga adaptations have been released based on the series.
Here is a synopsis of the series:
The story takes place in the town of labyrinths, Orario, also called “Dungeon.” Vel Clanel is a newbie adventurer that admires “Having a fateful meeting with a person of the opposite gender.” One day during an adventure, he is attacked by a Minotaur. Close to destruction, he is saved by a top-class female adventurer, Eyes Warenstein. He falls in love with her at first sight, and begins actions to become an adventurer that is on her level. He later encounters Hestia, a god called a “Lolita god” due to her stature who falls in love with him.
The Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka? anime adaptation will be airing from this April during the Spring 2015 anime season. Further information about the series will be revealed soon.
Source Article – Haruhichan
“DanMachi”, “Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka?”, “Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?”, images, video, and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Fujino Oomori, Suzuhito Yasuda, SB Creative, J.C. Staff and DanMachi Production Committee